Old comments are gone!

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Old comments are gone!

Postby longhairfish on Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:38 am

Another self inflicted task assigned to me from me.

In my other post I mentioned deleting missing user profile pictures.

It turns out that many of those accounts are closed. Yeah, I kinda knew that.

Digging further I checked the list of all users comments made since 2006. Whoa! This certainly is a social media site!

Just because an account is closed doesn't mean the comments are closed. Something looked over when the site was made.

Reviewing closed accounts (some legit and some spammers) I see possibly a million comments made just by listing 150 users. Jebus! :o

I listed those accounts from oldest to newest. Currently I will be deleting all comments from those users. Mostly closed accounts from 2006 - 2011.

Justification : I did see some spammers. So those go. Some comments were redirects to some stupid website(s). Comments made by users 15 - 20 years ago I can assure you nobody cares about.

Why bother? Many of the comments are posted to closed accounts anyway.

Speed. Why bother looking at BS or totally outdated comments when you look at a users profile page. It makes no sense.

So back to what I was saying, the comments "should" have been deleted when a user closed his account. That never happened. Now it will - manually by me

I took out a million just in a few minutes.
User avatar
longhairfish
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:31 am

Re: Old comments are gone!

Postby cumback2018 on Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:08 am

Good work, but you could probably go even further.

You could remove all topics (excluding announcements) in this forum that haven’t had new posts for more than a year (or two).

That would make the forum much smaller and easier for users to find their way around.
Visit the Golden Age Pin-up Club: https://www.imagefap.com/clubs/index.php?cid=10800
User avatar
cumback2018
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 am
Location: Europe

Re: Old comments are gone!

Postby longhairfish on Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:23 am

I wish!

The forum? Forget it. Even the IT guys don't know how to fix it. And, it is incredibly difficult for me to delete topics. I get some lengthy SQL errors when I do.

I might poke my nose around again soon. phpBB (this type of forum) is outdated by almost 20 years :o

Even if I could convince the owners and the IT guys to set up a new forum, transferring all topics would not work.

I guess this forum could be put in read mode only. But I know that would be confusing to some people. Sadly.
User avatar
longhairfish
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:31 am


Return to Help & Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blasemaus73 and 1 guest