F the new Uploader

Moderator: admin

Re: Fuck the new Uploader

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:01 pm

@ abadboy, Cowboymeisje:
The running thread for gallery order, date, time, and number of pics is this one over in Help & Support. I know I'm often guilty myself of running long & loud and getting off the topic of a given thread, but it's really not a good idea to drift too far, as there's every chance your change-of-subject might inspire a reply and confuse others. If for no better reason than to keep all the information on an issue in one place, try to keep your posts OT.

Thanks and hope this helped somebody. :)

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 am

The Uploader works just fine I've had no problems..........!
Questions are not stupid just the people who ask them are.....LOL.....!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby Pr0n Glutton on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:24 am

NOTE: These may already be known issues and if thats the case then I guess this post can be ignored.
I did have one weird problem where I uploaded a gallery, but it wasn't considered my gallery. As if i was an anonymous user. I don't THINK I clicked the private check mark, but it is possible I may have with that gallery. I know I haven't for others (but I only had this issue once so far).

Another issue, which may have been reported and likely due to the new uploader is that when I add an image to an existing gallery, it is no longer repromoted on my profile page, defeating the purpose of updating a gallery. I think I read a thread for this issue exists, but I haven't found it quite yet. I haven't read all the posts here either, so sorry if I saying stuff that is already known.

Otherwise, the uploader has been fine and I don't have major complaints, other than the update issue.
Pr0n Glutton

Postby Silversleeves on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Pr0n Glutton:

Anonymous uploads are a "policy" (read: by the ImageFap rules) impossibility, but not a "technical" one. The software allows it, and in its "pristine" installed and configured state will keep it from happening if a site owner sets it up that way. As I see things, there have been so many hacks and tweaks to the Uploader on ImageFap, something had to give somewhere. And Anonymous was, like "normal" galleries before it or the "Who's Online" counter, the last -- or one of the last -- weak link in that chain. Again, this is just my opinion.

Did you forget the My Fap feature with which you can check whether a gallery has been "Private'd" or not, and set/unset same to your preference? I wrote the thread on that link to point out how to add Galleries to Clubs, but it also permits changing private to public and vice-versa.

At any rate, if a gallery doesn't, by name, date or number of pictures, appear up in your My fap>My content list or the list of your galleries in your organizer (Profile page, See All Galleries link), then it's safe to assume it's an Anonymous one.

The running threads on the "no re-promote" (I use the term "no-bump," borrowing from the forum mechanism of having a thread boosted to the top of a Forum list with each new post added) are over in H&S.

The one with the most information is here.

There's also my Blog entry on the issue, which gives a pretty concise, if edgy, summary of a good part of the running thread.

Hope this was helpful.

BZT
Silversleeves

Re: F the new Uploader

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:35 am

You might have all found this on your own, but just in case ....

Looks like "our little Uploader is finally growing up." (Scary, 'ent it?)

BZT
Silversleeves

Previous

Return to Site Stuff