Moviefap questions go here

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Re: Moviefap questions go here

Postby longhairfish on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi Nick,

I manually created your account on moviefap. You should be able to log in. But I remember doing this once for someone else and it didin't work out so well.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:52 pm

The process of editing / approving videos is a little slow today. Some kind of server problem. The tech guys are looking to see what happened.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby gmmmb on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 pm

May have finally succeeded.
I think it had to do with the description, as the box was red.
No offending characters, though I had to delete and re-enter the text.
gmmmb

Postby longhairfish on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:30 pm

gmmmb wrote:May have finally succeeded.

Yep. Its here. But we have a 'shit ton' of traffic on the video servers. I am waiting for that to calm down. Then I can get back to editing videos. Also, hopefully by the weekend we will be going through or normal routine of adding storage space and moving things around.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:02 am

Another update. Not sure where to start on this. Many uploads I am holding on to because of some network congestion. That is putting it the simple way. Diagnostics and solutions are in the works. So if you have uploaded a video, dont upload again unless you get an automated deletion notice. The notice will be very simple and not tell you much. That I have to fix - some day.

I am looking at the logs of uploads that have failed. It isn't a big list of fails, but annoying none the less. I saw the logs and said to myself i better do a test upload. That worked fine. But the guy who uploaded right behind me - his failed. Annoyance again.

Anyway, the upload problem is being worked on at a top priority level starting today as what seemed to be a small problem is getting larger by the day.

Stay tuned - keep yer shirt on :)
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:23 am

New server for videos coming online Sunday or Monday. Sorry for the trouble.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby TheOldNick on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:10 am

longhairfish wrote:Hi Nick,

I manually created your account on moviefap. You should be able to log in. But I remember doing this once for someone else and it didin't work out so well.

Just tried to log in and still I get the message "Sorry, your username and password are not correct". Is it possible that MF passwords have problems with special characters?
TheOldNick

Postby longhairfish on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi Nick,

That should not be the problem. The passwords move from imagefap to the server on moviefap and are hashed. Even I can't see your moviefap password. Which is probably why when I manually created your account on moviefap it won't work.

----------

Site update. We are back to normal. If you don't see your video on your profile by the time you read this, then the video never made it to us in one piece. All user videos uploaded in the last 7 months should be live on the site.

If you don't see your video you can always email use at support@moviefap.com. Include a video ID if you have it.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby gmmmb on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Video is finally up - thanks!
Can you delete the previous 3 that didn't make it?
gmmmb

Postby longhairfish on Thu May 03, 2018 8:21 am

Hi Gmmmb, no. I wish I could. At least not that this time. They are rogue uploads that have no meaning to the system for some reason.

Also, not to the fault of you guys, I am seeing many failed uploads. The failed uploads are from people who actually know what they are doing. I have the tech guys looking to see what is messing up.
longhairfish
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support