MS Edge browser - Save picture as.. (only png?)

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

MS Edge browser - Save picture as.. (only png?)

Postby longhairfish on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:55 pm

I have seen a few emails come in where people are saying that the only option to save pictures is in the .png or .bmp file extensions.

This only seems) to happen while using the MS Edge browser.

Here is my response to one guy. But there is no solution as of yet.

----

Hi,

I am testing this as I talk to you.

I load up Edge. Pick any picture on the site.

I click the picture which makes it bigger. Right click - Save As - and yes it says .png. Also .bmp is available. Odd!

Since this is a drawing picture, my first guess is indeed the picture originally uploaded is a .png picture. This appears to be a false assumption.

But then I go to use Firefox. Try to save the same picture. It will save as .jpg.

Searched all over Google for 30 minutes. You are not alone. This is a HUGE Edge problem.

I give up on Edge.

I go to Internet Explorer 11. It works! Can save as .jpg.

Also success with Chrome. No problems.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: MS Edge browser - Save picture as.. (only png?)

Postby pussymuncher69 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:50 am

I am having same problem with Edge. All other browsers allow to save as jpeg. Haven't found a solution either.
pussymuncher69

Re: MS Edge browser - Save picture as.. (only png?)

Postby TheOldNick on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:41 pm

pussymuncher69 wrote:Haven't found a solution either.

Well - the solution stands here. Use an internet browser instead of a MS product. The issue is known in MS communities but for Edge there's no solution known.

So we can enhance the old wisdom about the internet: In a round world without walls and fences who needs Windows, Gates or any Edge? :mrgreen:

But I don't believe, that edge really changes the image formats. Did you ever try to save the image and rename it afterwards from .png to .jpg?

Another solution I found for IE9 (which had the same problem around 2009) was to move the folder for the "temporary internet files" to an other location by changing the "internet options" preferences. Maybe it's the same bug with Edge.
TheOldNick

Return to Help & Support