Newsfeed page bugged?

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Newsfeed page bugged?

Postby ShinyDust on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:46 am

Same posts from the same users (with the same timestamps) repeat over and over again. Anyone else has this problem?
ShinyDust

Re: Newsfeed page bugged?

Postby TheOldNick on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:11 pm

Add me too.

In my feed I have a gallery with three images, one vote, no comments and no favings whish shows up seven times in my feed. Even if I give it one notification for every action taken by anybody it shouldn't show up more than four times. One for each image uploaded and one for the vote.

So I don't really look at it.
TheOldNick

Postby longhairfish on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 am

Try disabling any ad blocking scripts, add-ons or extensions. I also don't look at my news feeds much due to the amount of fans I have always posting something new.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby TheOldNick on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:46 am

longhairfish wrote:Try disabling any ad blocking scripts, add-ons or extensions. I also don't look at my news feeds much due to the amount of fans I have always posting something new.

It's not a question of the adblocker. I just looked at it. First the page seems to be normal. I see from the srollbar that it's not very long. When I scroll down to the assumed bottom of the page the "next" entries appear, the scrollbar becomes a lot longer and I have the duplicate entries.

But as you already said: it's not really important. For me on a rating from 0 to 10 with 10 being most urgent it's somewhere at -2 with strong tendency to -5
TheOldNick

Postby chuck12gage on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 am

longhairfish wrote:Try disabling any ad blocking scripts, add-ons or extensions. I also don't look at my news feeds much due to the amount of fans I have always posting something new.

I sourced it as the EasyList sub. Pray tell why Imagefap devs can't seem to play nice with the fine people at EasyList? (ProTip: most adblock users keep their acceptable adverts enabled).
chuck12gage

Postby Buba1985 on Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 pm

I have the same problem: see the same posts for 3-4-5 times. It's very annoing :evil:
Buba1985

Postby domokun908 on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:56 am

Just bumping this. Stopping adblock didn't do anything.

The issue is the lazy-load javascript. The first time scrolling down the page there are multiple calls to load the same page. Once you scroll far enough then other pages load but you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to trigger another lazy-load call.
domokun908

Return to Help & Support