A strange thing had happened today...

Moderator: admin

A strange thing had happened today...

Postby avrilfuck on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Well, it happens that I send a privave message to an user for a question very serious (for me: beautiful fakes that han been flagged and that made me sad), and after envoying the message, I looked and my mailbox, that I rarely visit. I found some private messages from some names of users that I know and even some new messages and I read them... But it was not my mailbot but the mailbox of another user Horror! I´m very ashamed, but there was no bad intention :( .
I said that because I think is an error of the web that i can read messages in the page of another user.
Sorry. :oops:
avrilfuck

Re: A strange thing had happened today...

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:16 pm

That IS odd.
I've seen and heard of websites "double-dipping" random numbers for uploaded pictures (ImageCash did it quite a few times) and cross-linking same between galleries that had nothing at all in common, but this is the first time I've heard of the latter happening with something like site-mail.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby eyebull on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:15 am

Hhhmmm . . . I wonder if a minor glitch I recently had with the mail program could be related? In my case, I simply wasn't alerted with a message in my screen's top right corner saying that I had any new messages, although when I went to my mailbox to write to someone I discovered a few new messages I had received over the last few weeks.
eyebull

Postby rougefemale on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 am

the new message alert has been down for a bit. but this is the first i have heard of someone getting someone elses messages.
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Postby PerDew on Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 am

A strange thing happened to me on the way to the forum
PerDew

Postby rougefemale on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:23 pm

PerDew... are you drunk tonight? a lot of your posts have been very off the wall. and i have had to delete a few.
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Postby PerDew on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:51 am

Sorry I was the other day & glad you kindly deleted the "make up a lie post". Don't
hesitate to get your pink chainsaw out for any of my posts. You have better things
to do than police my foolish actions.
PerDew

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:54 am

eyebull wrote:Hhhmmm . . . I wonder if a minor glitch I recently had with the mail program could be related? In my case, I simply wasn't alerted with a message in my screen's top right corner saying that I had any new messages, although when I went to my mailbox to write to someone I discovered a few new messages I had received over the last few weeks.

I wouldn't have noticed either way. The last time anything came in or went out on site-mail from/to me was 10-11 July. Were I the suspicious, slightly-paranoid type, I might suspect some glitch was blocking both alerts and mail headed in my direction. Glad I'm not the suspicious sort. :)

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Return to Archived Site Stuff