What's wrong with imagefap???

Moderator: admin

What's wrong with imagefap???

Postby jonesjason3216 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:04 am

For some reason it is no longer keeping track of my pic view counts and the regular galleries are hours behind?? Is the site basically down?? HELP
jonesjason3216

Re: What's wrong with imagefap???

Postby seand on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:51 pm

This is likely related - I've noticed the last 24 hours or so all my image stats are curiously rounded up to the nearest ten it looks like. Either that or the stats are all bogus. I.e. they all read 10 or 20 or 30, etc. If I view any images it's not registering an extra 1.

Is this on purpose? It's definitely not working correctly/accurately/as it previously did.

Thanks for any help!

Sean
seand

Postby Mei_chan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:20 am

I was wondering why I can not view full size pics? nothing seems to open so I can not view pics? Thank you for your prompt attention.
Mei_chan

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:47 am

jonesjason3216 wrote:For some reason it is no longer keeping track of my pic view counts and the regular galleries are hours behind?? Is the site basically down?? HELP

The counter accrues by threes. You are one of over ten thousand members, a good third to half of whom have, have had or yet will have galleries to upload. The main list of galleries takes between 60 and 75 minutes to update; this concession was made because for a long while, people were joining and uploading at an absurd rate, something like 600 new members a week.

Software is made by people; people are flawed, therefore software is flawed.

What may seem to you like a failure to keep track of views counts, may just mean you're still "in queue to accrue" any.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:49 am

Mei_chan wrote:I was wondering why I can not view full size pics? nothing seems to open so I can not view pics? Thank you for your prompt attention.

Are you using Internet Explorer or any of its "parrots"? If so, stop now. Try Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, Opera X or the Mozilla suites (SeaMonkey 2.0 in Windows and Linux or Camino on Mac OS X).

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby Changeling on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:04 am

For the last 4 days I can access anything but pics here, they all show up like broken links. Doesn't matter the browser. Anyone else having this issue?
Changeling

Postby longhairfish on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:30 am

For a few days (and maybe not even that) links to galleries and pictures were basically going to the wrong place. For the last 24 hours everything looks to be in order. I just went through 10 galleries or so to check. User profile checks of galleries, favorites (this is a bit slow for some reason, but it works), fanbase and email all are working here in the states. I didn't have to clear any cache or cookies. But you might want to give that a shot.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby PerDew on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:33 am

Silversleeves wrote:Software is made by people; people are flawed, therefore software is flawed.BZT

Right on they don't keep building on a solid platform like the fox always changing shit for the worse, New sucks (in my opinion).
And to the rest try it later or contact your ISP
PerDew

Postby Changeling on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Have cleared all caches and cookies, both on system and at router. No go. STILL cannot see ANY pics in galleries and only my own avatar gif, no animation tho. I have tried other systems to same effect.
Am using opendns for resolution. could this be the issue?
Changeling

Postby PerDew on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:04 am

Oh K here goes
1. I like seeing whom added my gallery to their favorites.+
2. the "see more galleries by this user" is useless.-
3. didn't address the reorder image thumbnail size (make bigger) with this upgrade. -
4. Like the "add images" button in my galleries moved a bit left so I don't have to scroll the page horizontally.+
5. never tried the "block user" yet or needed to since I've been here.?
6. Account - My Details, when making changes the button should say "save changes" and be located on the far left so I don't have to scroll the page. -
Same as adding galleries to clubs, move button far left. in my opinion.
Otherwise things are Great most times, ThanksP
PerDew

Next

Return to Archived Site Stuff