I put up 10 galleries and only 6 get indexed.

Moderator: admin

I put up 10 galleries and only 6 get indexed.

Postby vertex1957 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:13 am

Can someone tell me if there's a limit on galleries per day? I'm getting frustrated with putting up quality galleries and never seeing them indexed. This happens mainly after a set of 4 or 5 get posted, then the others are ignored. :(
vertex1957

Re: I put up 10 galleries and only 6 get indexed.

Postby longhairfish on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:08 am

Just checked out your stuff you posted on the 23rd. Those first 5 galleries look to be in tact. Some days things are not as instant as we are used to. Guessing it just took a little longer today.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby RatsoRizzo on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:38 am

I had a similar question early on. What I was told by the admin was 6 uploads in a 24 hour period will show up in the global file list, although all uploads should appear on your pages gallery listing. That can not be configuered on a per account basis. In other words, the admin can't throw you a bone and configure your account to do more. It's a global system setting.

I've noticed that the timer seems to restart around 3 PM PDT.

Hope this helps. It's to the best of my recollection.

Ratso
Last edited by RatsoRizzo on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RatsoRizzo

Postby rougefemale on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 am

yeah... that used to be the case. 6 in a 24 hour period get indexed and show up in search and on the gallery page.

but it was supposedly changed. let me know if it is happening again... but i think its just a delay with the server and the gateway problems we have been having.

i actually partially like that limit. you can upload as much as you want aqnd it all get indexed for search but only 6 in 24 hours show up on the gallery page. you cant flood the gallery page with one account. it makes the SPAMMERS work harder. we have one that works for a website, that comes here every few days. he starts (or has a bot do it) several accounts and only uploads 4 to 5 galleries per account... then the next account and so on. im sure you have seen this idea... most of the time, his gallery titles dont match the images (and the gallery titles are usually the same set of titles they were the last time he was here)... like, it will be a NN gallery but the images arent nude. or it will say mature and the images are stolen younger model galleries...etc. the other thing to notice is the HUGE long list of links to galleries from his website in the gallery description of every gallery he uploads... he is a huge pain in the ass.
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Postby RatsoRizzo on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Just one other thing I forgot to mention. From the time of upload, it takes almost exactly 30 minutes for the upload to be displayed in the gallery listing. For me, it's pretty much always been that way. I don't know, your mileage may vary.
Ratso
RatsoRizzo

Postby dumbjock123 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:15 am

I have limited myself to uploading 6 galleries a day because I had the same issue. If I upload more than 6 galleries they never get put on the global list and those galleries not on the list get noticeably fewer visitors. Its frustrating, but I just assumed that is the way it was to prevent people from spamming the list with 1 picture galleries or something.
dumbjock123

Postby rougefemale on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:35 am

yeah, it was to prevent spamming... but i did think it had changed... i guess it has not.

and 30 minutes is pretty standard for the computer to cycle through and add the gallery to the main page. sometimes its longer... and ONCE its was 3 minutes... i swear :P
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Return to Archived Site Stuff