Beta site - Downloading Galleries

Moderator: admin

Beta site - Downloading Galleries

Postby longhairfish on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi everyone,

In other places on this forum I explained that downloading of full galleries is no longer an option.

Due to a considerable amount of users who would download excessive amounts of galleries every day, this service is no more.

We received many stories and suggestions so the downloading would be enabled again.

Why not start a pay service for downloading? As you might know, imagefap is part of our network that has pictures, videos and music. In the past we have tried different versions of pay options. Mostly on the video sites. This is clearly not going to be an option. Besides the technical reasons, imagefap is and always will be free. The Beta site was just that. Beta means a 'not finished product / site' and changes are likely to happen. The option to download full galleries was a nice option. But since there are many types of scripts, add-ons and software to mass download pictures from any site, imagefap was a huge target. At our peaks we would have 500 - 1000 people downloading galleries at the same time. Clearly this would be a strain on any website. You might suggest "Well - add more bandwidth". No. Not happening. We would rather have a fast running site than cater to people who want to download.

I had a few guys tell me "Downloading galleries was my favorite part of the site". I bet it was. And that is part of the problem.

"If you don't allow downloading of galleries I will close my account!" That's nice. See you later.

I will let you know that disabling galleries was clearly thought out. We tossed some ideas around for a few weeks. In the end we (as all web sites) need to watch the bottom line. We were not going to continue to dish out gallery downloads as an added expense to us. It's simply not fair to the casual user of the site who just wants to browse with no interruptions.

In the end, if you like a gallery and wish you could download it, you can add the gallery to your Favorites. It will still be here when you log in again.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Beta site - Downloading Galleries

Postby idstalker on Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 am

It is quite easy to use a pic finder tool to find the full sets elsewhere online and download them from there with the links provided.

You can also use a pic finder tool to find more sets of the model in question, download them and then upload them here.

Everyone's a winner

idstalker

Return to Announcement