NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby longhairfish on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Butterflycollector wrote:As I stated in a previous post I don't like the new upload format at all but I was able to upload my pics the old way by going into the gallery and adding from there, untill now all of a sudden that way of uploading has changed to the new way which is annoying, I've attempted to use the new way which said files upload yet the pictures are not displayed, I attempted to try again and it said error files already uploaded. I find this new format is ruining my imagefap experience.

You did upload a gallery on the 17th.

Note to all users. If you have trouble uploading, can you please tell us what errors you see? Simply saying "It doesn't work. Or "This sucks and I quit!" get you and me no where.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:23 pm

lancer7 wrote:It doesn't take any of my pictures at all. Yesterday I was able to start a gallery and then go to edit and add pictures and that seemed to work. But today, there just is no picking up of the galleries I wish to upload. I've tried going to browse....I tried to drag the pictures to the upload box, I even tried to go to the other boxes that will give me a new picture for my ID. Nothing is working properly.
I'm and older guy, but I'm not stupid.....or technology impaired......I just would like to do the things on ImageFap that I have done for over 7 years.

Can you help please?????

I am looking at your account and gallery listing now. You have many galleries with 0 pictures in them. Or you have some kinds of remnants of old galleries from 2013. I will deleted any old galleries you are not using and possibly repair anything else I find. After that I will upload an 'admin' gallery as a test. This should happen today.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Steel60 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:59 pm

lancer7 wrote:It doesn't take any of my pictures at all. Yesterday I was able to start a gallery and then go to edit and add pictures and that seemed to work. But today, there just is no picking up of the galleries I wish to upload. I've tried going to browse....I tried to drag the pictures to the upload box, I even tried to go to the other boxes that will give me a new picture for my ID. Nothing is working properly.
I'm and older guy, but I'm not stupid.....or technology impaired......I just would like to do the things on ImageFap that I have done for over 7 years.

Can you help please?????

This is my problem too!!

I have tried every combination, drag and drop...tried to browse...nothing loads....nada. It goes to "page not available" or results in an empty gallery which can't be edited.

It seems that 2 users out of 10 have had some success...the remaining 8 of 10 have had no success loading anything.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Additionaly the new loading window does not recognize zip flies anymore so it appears you must open those into a open file in your memory and then some how drag and drop all the individual pictures. I have tried that as well....nothing...

Incredibly frustrating.
Steel60

Postby longhairfish on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:18 pm

OK, I might have found a bug. Specifically in relation to the message you might see about empty galleries.

This bug is still in the exploration phase. But what I can tell you is after doing a few tests, users have deleted all pictures from a gallery (for example) but never delete the gallery itself. So you would say ok - I will just go delete the empty gallery. Problem. You can't see empty galleries when you go to My Fap - My Content - Gallery listing. Its just not possible. At least at this point its not.

I jetted a message to the IT guys. They will check on this right away.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Sroljo145 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:13 pm

longhairfish wrote:Todays update.

Ad blocking scripts. Here is what I can tell you from a personal experience. I have it. I use it. Sometimes I keep it on for imagefap. Sometimes I don't. It all depends on my mood. But I can tell you that turning it off does let you upload pictures.

If you tell us that you turned off ad blocking and you still see the message, then at one time you did in fact have an ad blocker running - or you still have some kind of remnants in your browser. Again, I have tested this on Linux and Windows. I never get a problem uploading. And I have uploaded tons of stuff various different ways over the past few weeks. Sadly I can't control and fix your PC. But what our IT team has suggested is that you report your browser statistics to us. If by chance there is a bug we don't know about which affects a small amount of users, then you need to give us your browser stats. If don't wish to share that info, then that is fine. You will just have to wait till any possible bugs are fixed.

So for those who wish to help you can go to the following link. Then email us back your report to support@imagefap.com . I will forward your stats to the IT team.

https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/

I have sent you my stats- as you can see I don't have adblock and I never did (yesterday around midnight I didn't have this problem for some reason). Additionally, I found out that I still have nothing happens bug after I browse for images on edge, but it works normally on firefox.
Sroljo145

Postby nailsred on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 pm

So i just went and tried to upload a set, browse files got the set i wanted and put it in waited for the pictures to come up on left hand side they did, as i was scrolling down the set i noticed some of the pictures had a big red (File is too large) on them not all of them but the ones which were over 10mb
nailsred

Postby Mrs Pancake on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:02 am

'Adding a new files' procedure now is a kind of madness if user have lot of galleries.

Please, fix those bug :?
Mrs Pancake

Postby SteffanStratos on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 am

The new upload system is a big improvement, but the order in which sets of images get posted are reversed (it's now: newest sets = posted at end of gallery). When I deleted a bunch of images and then tried to repost the sets in the correct order, error messages appeared saying the images already exist in the gallery. How long to I have to wait until the que of posted-but-deleted images clears? Thank you! :lol:
SteffanStratos

Postby nemotrex on Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:05 am

Mrs pancakes

Yeah the "add to an existing gallery" procedure is a nightmare . Finding the right gallery when we have hundreds , or even typing it if we don't remember the exact term, takes a crazy long time.
It used to be automatic . I add picture in the gallery i'm currently looking.

Absolutely not ergonomic as it is right now.
nemotrex

Postby Mrs Pancake on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:28 am

nemotrex wrote:Mrs pancakes

Yeah the "add to an existing gallery" procedure is a nightmare . Finding the right gallery when we have hundreds , or even typing it if we don't remember the exact term, takes a crazy long time.
It used to be automatic . I add picture in the gallery i'm currently looking.

Absolutely not ergonomic as it is right now.

I was found an alternative way to find, we can click "added" on header to get sorting by date. It going from oldest to newest on the end. I think it easier way.
But older method to add to current readed gallery has been better, without any extra searching.
Mrs Pancake

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement