NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby MUJERESDESNUDAS- on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:25 am

The problem is that now you can upload without a zip file, but now you change the original size to the image and upload it in medium size and not with the original :|
MUJERESDESNUDAS-

Postby renai on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 am

Looks promising.

But for now it changes the order of images and well, it just uploads 3 pics, the rest comes at errors for me (tried different galleries)
That was .gif galleries so maybe there is a problem with gifs in general?

edit: Using a Mac, Safari and Chrome same problem, no adblocker on.
renai

Postby purdie on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:51 am

Same problem with empty galleries so had to delete them
when I tried to upload reported that I was using wrong file type but all files were .jpg
So what gives
The old system worked great with .zip files so why change
purdie

Postby CaptionHook on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 am

This was what my title was supposed to be:
It's OK Getting the Cold Sholder, If It's Served With Hot Pussy.

This is what I got:
It's OK Getting the Cold Sholder, If It's Served With

I would like to fix it, but the Edit Title function always had a problem when you get near the 64 character limit. The best I can do is: "It's OK Getting the Cold Shoulder, If It's Served With Hot Pus".

Besides that, I am also disappointed that the thumbnails now look like crap.

I didn't have problems with empty galleries or picture resizing, however.
CaptionHook

Postby Francesa on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:28 pm

The new uploading format works well for me and I fully appreciate the hard work in preparing it.

I have two comments. 1. Uploading images in order only to find them appear muddled up is a major drawback. The old system never failed in this respect.
2. May I suggest that the three buttons for selecting and uploading are placed further apart. I twice accidentally began uploading unintentionally.

Apart from these gripes, I like it and love uploading the whole gallery in one go.

Good wishes, Fran :D
Francesa

Postby renai on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Ok, am i the only one who cannot upload gifs?
Normal pics are fine, with gifs it uploads 1-3 pics, rest gets marked as failed upload.
renai

Postby LilMinx99 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:31 pm

New uploading doesn't work. Keeps telling me I'm using Adblocker and to disable it. Adblocker is disabled and your site is whitelisted, yet it refuses to allow me to upload anything.
LilMinx99

Postby Sroljo145 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:49 pm

problem: Adblock even though I don't have it across all browsers, drag & drop doesn't work, open files don't work.

suggestions: besides fixing problems, pls allow more categories and tags to be added per gallery.
Sroljo145

Postby longhairfish on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 pm

OK, the bugs you guys mentioned I am making a list of.

1. The GIF issue should be fixed this week. These GIF uploads are still being converted from the old upload system.

2. Empty galleries. Another problem that is being worked on. In some cases you might not even know you did have an empty gallery. Various reasons on this. But a fix is coming. So if you do indeed do have an empty gallery (you deleted the pictures but not the gallery), then you will see the message. Everything should be ok. But again this is an issue that is being fixed this or next week. There could have also been empty galleries you did not know about. Between 2008 and 2010 we were showing lots of galleries with broken thumb nails. Those pictures can't be recovered. So essentially the gallery was considered empty. Another possibly cause for an empty gallery is because we deleted the pictures because of site rule violations or copyright issues. We don't always delete the entire gallery, just the pictures inside. It all depends on the complaints we received.

3. Someone asked about .zip files. There should never be a need for that any longer. Instead of zipping up a gallery before you upload, you simply upload the entire gallery you would have zipped in the past. Zip files in the past have never been reliable for all users. Broken uploads using the .zip format always created a huge mess for some users. Also on a related note, many users either didn't want to create a zip file or simply did not know how to do that. The ability to upload many files without creating an archive is now more user friendly for our users.

4. If you are seeing an ad blocker message, then you definitely have it running somewhere. This has been extensively tested. What you can do is try uploading in a private or incognito window.

5. 64 character limit of gallery titles. I will check on this. But a gallery with an extensive title is a bit too much. And nobody will ever see a title that big when browsing "All Galleries".

6. Images out of order. This will happen mostly when you upload a private gallery. This is also something that is being checked. I think a fix will be ready by the weekend.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Vermithrax wrote:The uploading was okay.

My problem is with the thumbnails, and the approx 35mm by 40mm preview images of the galleries - they now look craptastic and blurry!

OK, I see this. Not good. I made a mention to add this to the bug fix list
longhairfish
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement