NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby zeghost on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:46 pm

I left IF for like 4 months because of the uploading issues. I check back in and find a new uploader, so I eagerly try it out.

Sadly I have to agree with what everyone else is saying here- the new uploader sucks compared to the old one.

I'm trying to upload comic galleries. There are a lot of images in each gallery and it's very important that they be in correct order, but I keep getting a ton of errors making it too time consuming at best, and currently impossible.

The gallery I'm currently working on has 1,200+ pics and the only way I can get them to upload correctly is by doing small batches at a time. This really sucks.

But now to make matters even worse, no matter what I try I keep getting the error- "This image already exists in the selected gallery" on every pic in a batch of 15.

I keep refreshing and double checking and those pics are most definitely not in the gallery. So now I can not even finish my gallery and I've already put too much time and effort into uploading the 250 pics that have succeeded to start over.

In addition to this hassle, I can no longer use IF in a 'private window' because it will not stay signed into my account.
zeghost

Postby panguy on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:01 pm

arsby wrote:I use Firefox on Win10 with a fast internet connection.
Most of my gallery uploads are 24 images. For the first few weeks the new system was flawless.
Now I get errors for at least one image about 80% of the time. I get errors for 8 or more images 20% of the time.
Also annoying. It shows errors where the image has been uploaded. Just now I got errors on one image, but when I looked at the gallery none were missing. Earlier I got three errors, two were missing.

My way of dealing with it... If I get errors on 8 or more images in one 24-image upload I delete the gallery and start again. If I get fewer errors either I'll try to upload the missing ones or let the missing ones go missing.

I hope they fix this. It used to take me 5 minutes to upload 4 galleries, now it takes 15 or 20 minutes.

Yeah, this is pretty much my experience and I use the same way to deal with it. I usually upload 40 pics. If 30 are uploaded then I'll just re-upload the error ones to the same gallery (although as others have pointed out sometimes the error ones have indeed uploaded!). If less than 30 are uploaded I'll delete and gallery and try again a bit later. It's certainly taking me longer to upload an 'in tact' gallery which is frustrating and more of an effort which is probably not a great thing for picture uploading site. Think I'll hold off for a while to see if it smooths itself out a bit.
panguy

Postby TheOldNick on Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:11 am

longhairfish wrote:
In about a week I will close this topic. It has been done to death quite honestly. Any other questions about the uploading will most likely be deleted after this topic is closed.

Well.. perhaps you shouldn't close this thread until

1.) the "error"-issue is solved. I also faced it lately unless the images were uploaded completely and in correct order.
2.) tags and descriptions can be added to the gallery before the upload begins.

longhairfish wrote:And I will say a few things again. The amount of pictures being uploaded has doubled or almost tripled since the new uploaded was introduced.

That's nice but it's not a hint of a bug-free piece of software. I really would recommend to fix up any problems with thoroughly commenting and documenting them and how they are fixed. Believe me or not: when I have to change code I progged 30 years ago I am really happy that I did so even if I was completely drunk when I wrote the proggies. (To be honest: especially in those cases. It's really hard to remember the ingenious ideas of a drunken brain when you are sober again...)
TheOldNick

Postby zeghost on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Now "reorder images" isn't working for me.

I had to start my whole 1273 pic gallery over since it kept saying "This image already exists in the selected gallery" even tho they were not there.
I finally got all the pics uploaded except for about 15 that just didn't show up. So I uploaded them again at the end, then I used the reorder image function to put them in correct order. But when I click "I'm finished reordering" the page refreshes with "Uploaded by" as blank and under "detailed view" it says "Could not find gallery" and no pics show, just a blank page. So I go back and find the gallery, yes it's still there, the pics are still there but the reorder did not work. I tried it again like 3 times and continue getting the same result.

Might I make a suggestion for the future once all these issues are worked out?

It would be nice if in the reorder function you could see the names of the files, and even better would be an option to automatically reorder alphabetically/numerically.
zeghost

Postby BoiBawbee on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:08 am

Im having trouble with uploading Videos...is there anyone who can help walk me through it???
BoiBawbee

Postby TheOldNick on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm

BoiBawbee wrote:Im having trouble with uploading Videos...is there anyone who can help walk me through it???

Use moviefap for videos. Not imagefap. You see the little dfference?

MF is the "video department" of IF. So you can login to MF with your IF login data.
TheOldNick

Postby renai on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:01 pm

success: 7 Error: 46

every gallery needs 3+ times re-uploading at this point
renai

Postby diego1977 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:06 am

I'm getting too many errors from the new uploading system
i try by uploading 9 images but still getting around 2 o 3 errors per time
diego1977

Postby longhairfish on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 am

For the last 6 hours or so the uploads were almost totally broken. This was not the fault of the new uploader though. Something else was not working as expected. All fixed as of 5 minutes ago.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcement