NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby riffraff41 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:56 am

It all seems to work for me - EXCEPT that the Introductions I have written for each gallery do not display at all!
riffraff41

Postby longhairfish on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Here is the latest update.

Internet Explorer. It seems there are still many people using this browser and Windows 7. Probably for good reasons I might add. But it is what it is. Now Internet Explorer users can upload 9 pictures maximum at a time. Yes its a bit of an annoyance, but its better than nothing. As I have mentioned before your best option is to install Google Chrome if you want to upload a batch of 9 or more pictures.

Next, Ad Block Plus or any other kind of ad blocking scripts, add-ons or extensions you might have running. Some people insist on keep their ad blocking turned on. OK, that is the choice they make. We can meet you half way on this. If you keep the ad block on, then you are in the same boat as Internet Explorer users. You can only upload 9 pictures at a time.

Ipad users. Believe it or not I can't find anyone on our staff who has one! Ipda users have mentioned that they can't upload. The other problem is they don't give me any details to forward to the tech team. So if you have an ipad and can't upload please give some details.

Bad looking thumbnails when browsing new galleries. This problem has almost gone away. Still being worked on though. We have to catch the upload as its posted on the site almost right away. Its not as easy as it sounds. Still being worked on.

GIF picture problems. This is scheduled to be fixed in the next few days if not sooner.

Gallery descriptions not showing. This item isn't related to the new uploading system. I have to check on this. If you have a gallery description not showing, then try to edit your gallery. See if the description is missing. If it is, add it back in. Some users have figured it out, but I don't know for sure how they did it. You do see descriptions on 'some' newly uploaded galleries. But it's obvious something is amiss because I am not seeing as many galleries as I used to with the descriptions.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby nailsred on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:30 am

Just a couple of things,

This images/pictures not being in order thing (hope you get this fixed soon) i just used an old trick for this, Open the folder with the pictures in on your pc that you want to upload Press "Ctrl" + "a" to select all the photos in the folder, the pictures will go blue. Right click the first photo in the group and select "Rename" from the menu. change the name to a number like 0 or 00 or what ever you like . this number will be the same for each photo you have selected, with sequential numbering added to the end of the file names.

Uploading and big red errors down the page,

For some reason it doesn't matter how big or small the file is that i am trying to upload i always seem to get a few errors, and now the set i am uploading will be all out of order and i will have to go back find the errors and reupload them, but now these odd pictures will be at the back and out of set order. which is very frustrating!!!

Now for some good news

Yesterday i thought i would test the uploader with a fairly big file, the file had 220 images. each picture was about 4 megs and the hole set was about 906 megs and the uploader took it with no problems. well! apart from 1 or 2 errors of course, i would say you are getting close to imx.to and imagebam or even acidimg.cc in performance wise.
nailsred

Postby belac1 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:41 pm

longhairfish wrote:Gallery descriptions not showing. This item isn't related to the new uploading system. I have to check on this. If you have a gallery description not showing, then try to edit your gallery. See if the description is missing. If it is, add it back in. Some users have figured it out, but I don't know for sure how they did it. You do see descriptions on 'some' newly uploaded galleries. But it's obvious something is amiss because I am not seeing as many galleries as I used to with the descriptions.

When I go into all of my old galleries there are no descriptions at all. However, when I search for my old galleries, or even my most recently uploaded ones, I can see the preview of the description just as I always could. When I try to edit galleries to give them descriptions it acts as though it accepts the description, then disappears.
belac1

Postby Boobaholic on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Works like a dream! Thanks!
Boobaholic

Postby longhairfish on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:23 am

The gallery descriptions should probably have a new topic. I will create one now. if anyone has some input on this please feel free to add something.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:23 am

Update for today:

GIF pictures. Problems uploading this format should be fixed. Also the uploading of GIFs should be a lot faster.

Bad looking thumb nails. This should also be fixed. But you are going to notice something a little bit different while browsing all galleries. Some pictures will be larger than others. Especially the ones that are more tall than wide. To me this looked a bit 'odd' in the beginning. But I think it will be ok. The reason you are seeing this is because of resizing the thumb nails so they don't look bad or distorted.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby renai on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:33 am

Gif uploads works now, its so fast, its great.
Only one thing, it still shows some errors (5 at last upload),so i needed to upload those pics again,
hope that will be fixed too.

From 1h upload time to 3 min, great stuff :)

Edit: up to 17 Errors for last galleries

Edit 2: 20 Errors with last upload, seems to get worse and some gifs cannot be uploaded at all for some reason (they are not too big or any other of the usual reasons)

edit 3: maybe interesting for you: it sometimes logs me out in the middle of upload, means everything gets an error, i need to log in again and upload again
Last edited by renai on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renai

Postby sadsam on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:36 pm

First time I've tried to upload in a while . . . . while making a zip file was cumbersome . . . .

so far I'm not a fan
sadsam

Postby BRUGATINHA on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:25 pm

thank you! The miniatures have improved a lot. But have the posted and blurred ones never returned to normal? Some thumbnails are cut. I think this only happens when the image has a resolution below 500.
BRUGATINHA

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement