NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby Sroljo145 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:23 pm

when can we expect .png thumbnails and upload order to be fixed?
Sroljo145

Postby longhairfish on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Sroljo145 wrote:when can we expect .png thumbnails and upload order to be fixed?

I don't have a time when it will be fixed. But as soon as I know something I will let you know.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:20 pm

fargone8 wrote:I can get nowhere with this new upload method. I go to where it says 'upload', and I've managed to drag some images in, but once I've uploaded all I have to, there's no instructions as to how then upload them from that point, in fact there is no instructions of any kind! This new venture from my position is disastrous!

The guy who made a post right before yours summed it up pretty good. Which is the same answer I have been giving.

If you are insistent on uploading, then install Chrome browser. Its not that hard in all honesty. Yes its not the way we would like it, but it is what it is for now.

Otherwise you need to wait till we have a fix for all browsers.

And just to repeat, the old upload system is gone and will never been seen again. It was more of a problem than the new uploader. But some people did not notice that because it did not affect them. Believe me though, the old uploader was a huge mess.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:23 pm

jerrai wrote:
longhairfish wrote:
Chrome should be fine. I have tested this browser using various operating systems.

Surfside67 wrote:So using Chrome with this site generally seems to be the correct way to go at the moment.

Not my experience at all. I usually use Firefox, and uploads are pretty much non-functional with that browser. The process moves at a glacial pace, and roughly 50% of a given set will fail in an error.

I read the message above with hope, and decided to try out Chrome. The results were similar - the speed was a bit faster, but the failure rate rose to about 75%.

As of right now, IF's upload is unusable no matter what browser you use.

That is not entirely true. For 'some' users it won't work. But as I mentioned before, our uploads have increased by 3 times since the new uploader was started.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby BRUGATINHA on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:34 pm

longhairfish wrote:
Sroljo145 wrote:when can we expect .png thumbnails and upload order to be fixed?

I don't have a time when it will be fixed. But as soon as I know something I will let you know.

I'm worried about that too. So far I have stopped posting new galleries. I'm hoping to sort this out. Are the already posted images blurred forever? Or are they back to normal when fixing the problem of PNG images?
BRUGATINHA

Postby jerrai on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:44 pm

longhairfish wrote:
That is not entirely true. For 'some' users it won't work. But as I mentioned before, our uploads have increased by 3 times since the new uploader was started.

Yeah, I meant to say it isn't working for ME. Apologies for pronoun abuse. ;)

Thanks for keeping us posted. Fingers crossed this problem will be solved soon, because I have no choice but to cease all uploads until it is. :cry:
jerrai

Postby datasslover on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Just got done testing it....it's a huge improvement! :D The files upload fast & quick!

However, when I tried it on some animated GIFs, it fails (sometimes). It doesn't happen with all the animated GIFs, but it gives an error & I have no way of knowing what is wrong. I tried to upload a gallery with a 100 animated gifs but 20 failed. When I tried to reupload the ones that fail, the same ones fail. Very strange.
datasslover

Postby datasslover on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:33 pm

There are still some issues with uploading animated GIFs.

Only workaround I have found was clicking "Start" on each one & uploading one at a time.
datasslover

Postby Mrs Pancake on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:54 pm

This new uploader is very good, working better than before.
With animated gifs too.
Thanks for that, longhairfish 8-)
Mrs Pancake

Postby straydog28 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:36 am

Can someone explain to me why it is taking me an hour and a half to upload a folder with 500 pics in it when it would take 10 minutes with the old uploader?. This new uploader is garbage...
straydog28

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement