NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby Sroljo145 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:11 pm

upload and adblock issues are fixed for me, but I still experience blurry thumbnails and out of order pictures- 10 to 19 come before 2 and like that. But, when I tried to upload it as 1-9, 10-19 and so on at the time, every time in edit mode I would choose to add images, I would get disconnected and it would as me to log in again and then just goes in circles, but if I go to upload and there select add to existing gallery then it is fine. Aditional, it keeps saying upload error- picture already in gallery when it is not.
Last edited by Sroljo145 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sroljo145

Postby gmmmb on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Go back to the old way; this is terrible!

Took over 5 minutes just to load the upload screen, then started generating error messages.
Went in spurts - every 2 minutes a few more images were loaded, but most were not.
In the end 11 out of 24 pics were uploaded.
And this took about 5 times as long as the old way.

A workaround would be to upload only 1 image to a new gallery, then click 'add images to this gallery.'
This opens up the old dialog box.
Surf to your img or zip files and take it from there; worked much better for me.
gmmmb

Postby cuckmenow on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 am

Worked fine for me except one file was misidentified as a duplicate when it wasn't. Otherwise, 259 files uploaded without any other problem. Editing the gallery by uploading a new picture throws the picture sequence off, though, meaning the new pic's thumb appears at the beginning of the gallery, but clicking on it shows a different photo. This isn't a new problem, seems to be a cache issue, and as I recall from other times, the problem corrects itself as the database updates itself(?).
cuckmenow

Postby nailsred on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:49 am

until these bugs are fixed i'm still going to use the old way to upload

http://up.imagefap.com/upload.php

This is from the new uploading system

https://www.imagefap.com/pictures/7709122/Phillipa-Cox

And this is from the old uploading system

https://www.imagefap.com/pictures/7710483/Phillipa-Cox

Just look at the difference in picture Dimensions
nailsred

Postby panguy on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:49 am

Yeah the dimensions thing is a real problem. I'm going to hold off uploading until that bug is fixed. I like the new uploading format, but as with all things there were bound to be some bugs. In the end it will be a far better system.
panguy

Postby Sroljo145 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:05 pm

update: yesterday around midnight no problems with adblocker, now again
Sroljo145

Postby longhairfish on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Todays update.

1. Some users were seeing a server 500 error. This was due to the incredible amounts of pictures being uploaded. Many users finally have the option to upload many pictures at once without having to make a .zip file. This obviously encouraged more people to upload. Also the users who were getting the flength errors now had their turn and uploaded pictures they have been waiting to do for months. Then lastly, users just had to test the new upload system. So for some hours the upload server was slammed pretty hard. More than we expected. This 500 error should be resolved by the time you read this.

2. Bad looking thumbnails with large pictures. This should also be fixed today.

3. Ad blocking scripts. Here is what I can tell you from a personal experience. I have it. I use it. Sometimes I keep it on for imagefap. Sometimes I don't. It all depends on my mood. But I can tell you that turning it off does let you upload pictures.

If you tell us that you turned off ad blocking and you still see the message, then at one time you did in fact have an ad blocker running - or you still have some kind of remnants in your browser. Again, I have tested this on Linux and Windows. I never get a problem uploading. And I have uploaded tons of stuff various different ways over the past few weeks. Sadly I can't control and fix your PC. But what our IT team has suggested is that you report your browser statistics to us. If by chance there is a bug we don't know about which affects a small amount of users, then you need to give us your browser stats. If don't wish to share that info, then that is fine. You will just have to wait till any possible bugs are fixed.

So for those who wish to help you can go to the following link. Then email us back your report to support@imagefap.com . I will forward your stats to the IT team.

https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/

One more thing about the Ad Block. It is here to stay. There will be no more discussion about it if you need to complain here. This rule is set in stone and will never be changed.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:01 pm

I am getting 504 - Gateway time-out. Checking to see what is wrong.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby lancer7 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:30 pm

It doesn't take any of my pictures at all. Yesterday I was able to start a gallery and then go to edit and add pictures and that seemed to work. But today, there just is no picking up of the galleries I wish to upload. I've tried going to browse....I tried to drag the pictures to the upload box, I even tried to go to the other boxes that will give me a new picture for my ID. Nothing is working properly.
I'm and older guy, but I'm not stupid.....or technology impaired......I just would like to do the things on ImageFap that I have done for over 7 years.

Can you help please?????
lancer7

Postby Butterflycollector on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:37 pm

As I stated in a previous post I don't like the new upload format at all but I was able to upload my pics the old way by going into the gallery and adding from there, untill now all of a sudden that way of uploading has changed to the new way which is annoying, I've attempted to use the new way which said files upload yet the pictures are not displayed, I attempted to try again and it said error files already uploaded. I find this new format is ruining my imagefap experience.
Butterflycollector

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement