NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby TheOldNick on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:13 pm

grafter69 wrote:It seems the add-on "Ghostery" to Firefox is not allowed here.

Sorry, I first had to look up how this works. It's not a matter of IF who doesn't "allow" this addon. Just vice versa. Of course you will have problems with Ghostery activated. Your browser tries to transfer data from your personal harddisk to a website which I can't imagine the "Burda Verlag" put on the whitelist. What do you think Ghostery "thinks" when your browser tries to do this?
:mrgreen:

Maybe you can whitelist IF manually but I would be very careful anyway with this type of software. It smells a bit fishy - like any spyware does.
TheOldNick

Postby renai on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Any news on GIF uploads, still broken for me :(
renai

Postby lancer7 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:35 pm

I think I figured out the solution to the problem for most of us!!! After doing everything that the Moderators suggested, and clearing all my protections that I put in place (against my better judgment) I then thought of something that another computer geek told me.....I have been using Google for my homepage and I mean the older version of Google. He told me to switch to Google Prime and see how that works......Well, let me tell you, IT WORKS FANTASTICALLY!! The new upload format works like a charm.
Just open up a new window with Google Prime and see if that works for you....I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

LANCER
lancer7

Pics uploading to the back of gallery,

Postby Butterflycollector on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Are the issues with pictures uploading to the back of galleries being looked at ? I read someone state that uploading individual pics to a gallery worked for them, however it doesn't for me, it seems that different users are having a lot of different problems. If given the option I would go back to the old way of uploading.

Just discovered yet another problem, the thumbnails in the gallery's have become pixelated and look poor, the Image itself is fine when clicked on but the thumbnails look terrible. This format is a Disaster.
Butterflycollector

Postby dicanchic on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 pm

It said error pls try again when i was uploading a gif,,,,but when i tried again viewed my gallery there it was uploaded.Im confused lol
Its working fine now
Thanks
dicanchic

Postby kparc1212 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Is the download ever going to be fixed?
Just asking.
kparc1212

Postby longhairfish on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:35 pm

TheOldNick wrote:
nailsred wrote:
Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. This is a huge failure. (...)

There's nothing wrong with windows 7, I use it all the time with Chrome or Pale Moon always have done for this site.

Can confirm.

IE is the failure. I am using a conputer, not a graphic adventure game. Tested Win7 with FF 62.0.3 and it worked after I allowed JS for IF in uBlock.

Also succeeded in uploading an image without resizing it. So I guess that issue is fixed now?

Hi Nick,

You are pretty much right on the money. Internet Explorer 11 and all previous versions will not work as of today.

It seems there are still millions of people who haven't updated their Windows 7 to Windows 10. But that's ok.

The tech guys are going to try to make a fix so people using that browser and operating system will have a much easier time uploading. Simplification basically. Nothing fancy. No java script. No drag + drop.

Maybe by the weekend this should be working. If not next week.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm

kparc1212 wrote:Is the download ever going to be fixed?
Just asking.

I think you mean the uploading (sending picts to us) option. Yes, but it is going to take some time to fix the issue for every scenario that pops up.

Keep an eye on this topic. As soon as I know something - you guys will know something.

Again I will mention a few things.

1. The GIF section still needs fixing.
2. Do not attempt uploads with Windows 7 + Internet Explorer. Install Google Chrome browser. It's real easy to do.
3. Another browser that does work with Windows 7 is Opera - Version 56. Drag and drop is also fine.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Disorderly uploading.

Postby Francesa on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Hey Fish.

The new uploader is good and vastly superior to the old one.

I think I may be able to help with the disorder of uploading images.

Firstly: They are consistently in the wrong order.

Secondly: Images 1 is correct, 2, and 3, appear somewhere after 10, then 4 - 9 appear after the last image.

Thirdly: It appears to have something to do with the matrix displayed when you re-order your images.

Image No. 2 appears at the start of the second line and Image No.3 appears at the start of the third line and so on.

By recognising this incorrect sequence, it is relatively straight forward to manually correctly re-order them.

I don't know why we have lost the Gallery Description Boxes, though! They are all OPEN and it's impossible to keep them saved.

Fran. :)
Last edited by Francesa on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Francesa

Postby BRUGATINHA on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:10 pm

The only thing I did not like was that the big images are getting blurry in thumbnails. And the small images are being cut or enlarged in miniatures. When that's settled, then I'll post new galleries there. Thank you!
BRUGATINHA

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement