NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby Surfside67 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Folks,

Earlier today I was going to upload a new gallery with 200 photos. First I thought that maybe errors are less likely to occur if I upload fewer photos at a time. So I uploaded about 50 photos. But I got 13 errors among those 50... Then I deleted the entire gallery, went to have dinner, and then came back and started uploading all 200 at once, and all of them uploaded without a glitch. No errors. So I really don't know why those errors occur sometimes. I am using Google Chrome on Windows 10 (64-bit).

And I am happy to say that the PNG thumbnails now look perfect! Good job with that!

However, some of the thumbnails are still getting stretched out and cut. In this upload of 200 photos, 8 JPG photos were stretched, and it seems to happen with portrait shaped photos that are very narrow (much higher than they are wide).

PJ
Surfside67

Misleading

Postby Francesa on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Have uploaded 4 galleries this morning and each has recorded these upload errors 4.2.3.4.

In actual fact ALL images appeared and were uploaded perfectly without a problem.
Francesa

Postby Sroljo145 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:01 pm

is it possible to increase the max number of tags allowed per gallery?
Sroljo145

Postby raffles123 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Still having problem with the "you have empty galleries" situation. Have checked and each named gallery in fact has its load of pictures in it. I would rather not delete them, but is that what I have to do in order to upload something new?
raffles123

Postby Barry54 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:25 am

I also have problems with the uploads for days. Not only the many error messages, but I am also constantly logged out. Is really annoying. No power no fun here!
I used the contact, but received no answer.
Barry54

Postby panguy on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Yeah, just uploaded 40 pics three times and each time well over half had error messages and hadn't uploaded. Deleted the gallery each time and will wait. Earlier in the day it was no problem, so perhaps it is a bit more of a lottery if a lot of people are uploading at the same time?
panguy

Postby ShinyDust on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:11 am

Too many upload errors with the new system on mostly low size files, none of which are bad as far as I can see. No fucking way I'm gonna sift through, search for and re-upload 50 out of 300 files which failed to upload for some reason. Never happened with the old zipped files uploads. Also sudden log outs on every page.
ShinyDust

Postby Sroljo145 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 am

ShinyDust wrote:Too many upload errors with the new system on mostly low size files, none of which are bad as far as I can see. No fucking way I'm gonna sift through, search for and re-upload 50 out of 300 files which failed to upload for some reason. Never happened with the old zipped files uploads. Also sudden log outs on every page.

yeah, I just uploaded 450 pics gallery and 98 errors (I noticed that for galleries over 150 it is about 1/4 errors, but when I tried 88 pictures gallery I had 60 errors :/ and when I tried to re-upload those errors I get another error saying it is already in the gallery)
Sroljo145

Postby longhairfish on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 am

raffles123 wrote:Still having problem with the "you have empty galleries" situation. Have checked and each named gallery in fact has its load of pictures in it. I would rather not delete them, but is that what I have to do in order to upload something new?

I looked at your account. You do have 2 empty galleries. So if you want to delete them that will be ok.

Dressed/Undressed - 763
Dressed/Undressed - 755
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:31 am

Barry54 wrote:I also have problems with the uploads for days. Not only the many error messages, but I am also constantly logged out. Is really annoying. No power no fun here!
I used the contact, but received no answer.

If you used the contact option, messaged Admin or emailed I see all of those. I ignore nobody unless they are being a complete ass. And even then I do message back a few asses :)

As we have mentioned before, if you are getting logged out then you have some kind of ad blocking going on. Disable all that and try your upload again. 99% of the time people tell me they get logged out is because of ad blocking issues.

Also we have the people who upload while on a proxy server. If you are going to use a proxy then try to upload you will no doubt see some failures. I wish I could put this proxy stuff in neon lights and email or message it to everyone. But that is not possible. Using a proxy (while it has good intentions on your end) will almost always cause an issue on any site you send pictures or videos to.

I don't have any other news to report. Pretty much everything people have asked has been covered in this topic.

We haven't made any changes or fixes in the last week. This is why you haven't seen me here in a few days.

One thing to note is, some users have told me they upload and see errors. While the error message is a bit of a concern, in fact many times all of the pictures did get uploaded. So if you get error messages, double check to see if your uploads made it to us in tact.

Also for 'some' users the pictures appearing out of order in 'some' galleries is not a major issue. Of course if this does happen to you I realize it is a major concern. Honestly since this doesn't happen a lot the design team has put this issue on hold.

I have seen people with various problems. Of course this was to be expected. And we won't have everyone's issues solved. This happens on all web sites or software. Not to belittle the uploader problem, but take a look at updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Or any new Skype updates. Stuff is broken constantly when this happens. Yes, people get pissed. The 'techy' people figure it out. Or via messages, this forum or emails I can help most people solve the uploading problem. But not everyone will be pleased. What I can tell you is this. You can upload a gallery of 20 pictures and possibly have a problem. Or the next upload everything is fine. We have a guy who constantly uploads 1200 pictures in each gallery. He is quiet as a mouse. I never hear him have cause for concern. Then I get a person who can't upload 2 pictures.

If you have upload problems your best bet is to use Google Chrome browser. We have had basically zero complaints when people use that. Yes, I know some will say "This is BS - I shouldn't have to install a new browser!". True. You shouldn't have to. But it will work in most cases. I suggest doing it. Level of PC expertise is about a 1 on a scale of 1-10.

In about a week I will close this topic. It has been done to death quite honestly. Any other questions about the uploading will most likely be deleted after this topic is closed.

And I will say a few things again. The amount of pictures being uploaded has doubled or almost tripled since the new uploaded was introduced. Its not because we got a lot of new accounts. We still average 200 - 250 new accounts each day. The new uploader is much improved over the old version. This is why we have more uploads. You have no idea how many complaints I received every day about uploading being broken. Now (besides this forum) the majority of the people are happy. The increased uploads to the site prove that. Its massive.
longhairfish
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement