NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby longhairfish on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi everyone!

As you probably know, not much changes around here. The site looks pretty much like it did when it was launched in 2006.

But a major change is going to happen today, unless something terrible happens :o

Its all about the uploading of pictures. This has been re done from the ground up.

After doing some testing, fixing, cursing and fixing I think we are ready to give this a shot.

The uploading will be self explanatory. With one exception. Uploading .zip files will not be needed any longer. The reason for this is, all you need to do is select all of the pictures on your PC folder, then upload. Nice!

I have been testing this with our site developers over the past few weeks. And I 'think' this is pretty much bullet proof. But we have only tested this with a hand full of staff.

Any problems you can report here as always :)
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby DeepRay on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm

It's awesome. Just got to unzip all my files now :shock:
DeepRay

Postby coffey on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:04 pm

I tried to upload, page shows 4 empty galleries that I have to 'use or delete', but none of those are actually empty, so I have to delete them all anyway to upload a new gallery?
coffey

Postby mst3krules on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Same thing as coffey...says I have 7 empty galleries, use or delete. But they're all full, I checked!
mst3krules

Postby Butterflycollector on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:25 pm

I don't like it at all, all the gallery's are out of order and emojis I use to help me find gallery's have gone, crap.
Butterflycollector

Postby Vermithrax on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:02 pm

The uploading was okay.

My problem is with the thumbnails, and the approx 35mm by 40mm preview images of the galleries - they now look craptastic and blurry!
Vermithrax

Postby DeepRay on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:34 pm

I too had to delete empty galleries - but when I checked, it was right, they were empty. Uploader works great, I can now check progress and it took around 5 mins to process and upload (as opposed to to old way of uploading and processing) 172MB file. This morning, a file of that size wat taking double that - easily.
DeepRay

Postby IselaTheGaper on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:27 pm

Doesn't work very well, 137 pictures never uploaded after 6 hours, cancelled the upload. Back to the drawing board. :roll:
IselaTheGaper

Postby Taggr on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:56 am

Lots of bugs. It doesn't like upload animated gifs, probably because of their size. Almost every one of them I tried to upload said that it had failed. When I went to look at the gallery it would show that three or four out of my usual 24 uploaded. When I tried to upload the rest it took me back to the old way and that worked.
Taggr

Postby Noodles_213 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:19 am

Not working for me at all. Click browse for files, select files from selected directory, select "open files" in popup window then nothing.
Noodles_213

Next

Return to Announcement