NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby RobertJ256 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:51 pm

It looks likes everything is working for me, and a lot works even better but would it be possible to reorder you pictures afterwards, or even sort them by for example upload date? The reodering is the only thing that I don't get to work somehow.
RobertJ256

Postby longhairfish on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Another small update:

I like to keep you guys informed. While there are no fixes implemented just yet, the biggest problems are.

1. The biggest - you see a message about empty galleries. This means you can not continue. While this could be fixed on your end by clicking the delete option, its not an option for someone who has over 300 empty galleries. Also, its not entirely possible for me or Dorine to sift through 10's of thousands of galleries hunting down empty galleries. So obviously we will have to find a way to just get rid of this message once and for all.

2. Adding to existing galleries puts the pictures at the end of the gallery. Initially I said to myself "Ayh, who cares". But you guys are right. It would be better to have new stuff at the beginning. The tech guys are aware of this and will be looking for a solution.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Surfside67 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Folks,

longhairfish wrote:2. Adding to existing galleries puts the pictures at the end of the gallery. Initially I said to myself "Ayh, who cares". But you guys are right. It would be better to have new stuff at the beginning. The tech guys are aware of this and will be looking for a solution.

Actually, with the old upload you had a choice, since photos uploaded in a zip file ended up at the end of the gallery, while individual photo files ended up at the beginning. So when I had a few really sexy additions to a gallery that I liked very much, I uploaded them individually in order to put them at the beginning, and when I uploaded a lot of more "average" photos (more than 20, or so) I used a zip file and let them end up at the end.

PJ
Surfside67

Postby longhairfish on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:11 pm

This post will be for people who have severe issues with uploading. For example nothing works no matter what you tried.

Our web developers need a hand on something. We need to know the details of your web browser if you are having issues. If the developers can find a common thread with similar browsers having an issue, then this will help them find a cause and possible cure.

Now for those who like to complain before we go any further. YOU DON'T have to participate in this if you don't want to. Only those who want to share their browser information can. If you don't want to share - then don't. Its ok!

Obviously I don't want you to report the info here. Send me a direct message with your report. And also when you do, tell me the problem you are having. Please keep it short.

Here is the link to make a report.

https://whatsmybrowser.org
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby oldbannu on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Noodles_213 wrote:Not working for me at all. Click browse for files, select files from selected directory, select "open files" in popup window then nothing.

I can select files but don't get the optio to 'open files' so cannot upload anything. I am using an iPad.
oldbannu

Postby longhairfish on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Here is what I can tell you from the reports I am getting.

MAC users. This is hit and miss. Some get it, some don't. Our tech team has uploaded on a MAC from Chrome and Safari.

Mobile devices. Such as PlayStation (believe it or not) and other consoles. This is going to be a tough one to fix - if ever. So honestly don't look for a fix on those platforms any time soon. I will mention it to the tech team though. What I can say is, when the mobile site is totally re written, then consoles and things like that will most likely have the ability to upload.

Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. This is a huge failure. I have personally tested this. I don't know if its a Windows 7 issue or just IE being the problem. If this is your kind of setup, install Chrome browser. This I know has been tested and does work under Windows 7.

BMP - If anyone has a reason to upload those, forget it. Convert them to something else like .jpg.

Bad looking thumbs. Yes, we are on it and trying to find a fix. What I notice most is that thumbs are basically square look ok. Of course nobody ever has those. Mostly in landscape mode you see most pictures. Again this is a hit and miss thing. Some are ok - some not.

MS Edge and Windows 10. Luckily this setup seems to work fine.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Marina1990 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:38 am

waiting for you here my good
https://goo.gl/2Tvg3u

Many thanks to the original posters!!! Check out this forum. It's totally free to join.
https://goo.gl/2Tvg3u
Marina1990

Postby nailsred on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:34 am

Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. This is a huge failure. I have personally tested this. I don't know if its a Windows 7 issue or just IE being the problem. If this is your kind of setup, install Chrome browser. This I know has been tested and does work under Windows 7.

There's nothing wrong with windows 7, I use it all the time with Chrome or Pale Moon always have done for this site.

Like i said i'm still using windows 7 pro on this setup, then i use windows 10 for all the boring day to day stuff on a different machine altogether.
nailsred

Postby grafter69 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:58 am

Well, well. I have sorted out my uploading prob. It seems the add-on "Ghostery" to Firefox is not allowed here. I turned it completely off in Firefox settings...and I could get straight into the new uploading page. Didnt have any problems uploading new gallery, once you get your head around new format, which wasnt hard LOL Mind you, I didnt try zip or drag and drop methods. I preferred to stick to uploading about 10 pics at a time, seemed to work perfectly.
grafter69

Postby TheOldNick on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:00 pm

nailsred wrote:
Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. This is a huge failure. (...)

There's nothing wrong with windows 7, I use it all the time with Chrome or Pale Moon always have done for this site.

Can confirm.

IE is the failure. I am using a conputer, not a graphic adventure game. Tested Win7 with FF 62.0.3 and it worked after I allowed JS for IF in uBlock.

Also succeeded in uploading an image without resizing it. So I guess that issue is fixed now?
TheOldNick

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement