NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Moderator: admin

Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby Sroljo145 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:58 pm

still problems: no upload on edge after selecting pictures, still adblocker on all browsers, blurry tumbnails and wrong order pictures.
Sroljo145

Postby alienvisitor on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:02 pm

is there an easy way to make this new system work?
alienvisitor

Postby kparc1212 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 pm

AvrilObsession - THANKS! It's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing the problem!
kparc1212

Postby longhairfish on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Steel60 wrote:When I drag and drop the photo files this is the message that appears.

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I believe you will find an empty gallery "Cindy Nelson" in my account

using IE-11

Fix connection problems

Cindy Nelson gallery is not empty. There are 6 pictures in it.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 pm

gmmmb wrote:I now notice all my gallery descriptions are gone.
They are there in 'edit mode', but not in 'view mode.'

Yep, I see it. I will let the page developers know about this.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Sroljo145 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:40 pm

longhairfish wrote:
Steel60 wrote:When I drag and drop the photo files this is the message that appears.

using IE-11

Fix connection problems

Cindy Nelson gallery is not empty. There are 6 pictures in it.

I experienced a similar problem- upload said error but it uploads it anyway
Sroljo145

Postby longhairfish on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:41 pm

kparc1212 wrote:AIN'T WORKING! At least I'll have a LARGE VOLUME of Galleries to download when Imagefap gets it working again, IF THEY EVER DO! Why, WHY, do techies always try to improve on a system that ain't broken and then BREAK IT!

KPARC

First, there is no need to type and yell in caps. That will get you no where.

You are mis informed. It was broken for many users. So now with the new system, the amount of pictures being upload has multiplied by 2 or 3.

The new uploader is pretty much a success. But as with any changes there will be 'some' users who can't quite get it right.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Steel60 wrote:

using IE-11

Fix connection problems

I tried Chrome and it worked...

However I fail to see how this is easier than dropping a zip file in the uploader. As I zip most of my collections when I find them it was easier for me. Perhaps this is better for others.

Believe it or not, there are many people who never heard of a .zip file, let alone create one. Now they can upload many pictures in one shot. The .zip format is no longer needed.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:56 pm

alienvisitor wrote:is there an easy way to make this new system work?

Hi Alien,

This isn't specific to you, but the upload process can't be any easier. If you look at the list of galleries being posted by the minute you will see that the amount of uploads we get every minute are massive.

https://www.imagefap.com/gallery.php
One guy just uploaded 300 picts to a new gallery. So you can see that we obviously only have a problem for some users.

For everyone who has a problem uploading at all you should try the following.

1. Clear your browsers cookies and cache. Get a fresh start.
2. If you don't know how to do that, then open a new 'private window'. All browser have that option on the top right of the browser. 3 dots or 3 horizontal lines.
3. Disable any kind of ad blocking you have. If you refuse, then I guess you are not ever going to upload. This rule / option will not change. Its here to stay.
4. Start with a new gallery. Don't forget to choose at least one genre / category.
5. Keep your first gallery simple. Don't go nuts adding hundreds of pictures.
6. If you get the message saying you have empty galleries, please go to My Fap - My Content - Gallery listing. Get rid of any empty galleries.
7. Try another browser if you have one. Especially one that has not been to imagefap before.
8. Stay away from Microsoft Edge browser for the moment. The most complaints I have see are with this browser.

As to number 6. If for some reason you are getting the message "Gallery not empty", you can let us know by sending an email to support@imagefap.com
From there we can dig in to your account and see what is wrong.

Also related - Many times we see users delete all of the pictures IN a gallery, but they never delete the gallery itself. This is a problem with the uploader. So, sadly one of our site admins has to go to your account and find any possible empty galleries. Of course this take some time. But we eventually get it fixed.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby White_Wolf_63 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:46 am

Longhairfish,
Have read over several of the responses about the new upload format and see for some it works, others it just won't.
Is this specific to windows or MAC users? I'm using a MAC and use safari as my default browser. its always worked for me.
as for when I go to upload, I've tried it a few different ways.
first of all I turn off all my add blockers, this hasn't helped as I get the "drag or drop gallery or file here" when I do that, my picture will show up but thats it , its like I've just opened it in another window (in fact thats exactly what happens) theres no other prompt to continue with the upload
Ive tried it by using the select file button. when I use that it pulls down my files to select from, so I choose a file, by double clicking it, or by just selecting it and then choose. it looks like it go's but again no further prompt that its ready to upload or that it already has. afterwards when I go into my fap files, it will show the gallery but 0 pictures in it. I delete it, try again... same result every time... am just not able to upload any gallery's.
so whats the catch? Ive uploaded thousands of files before, but with this new format it just won't take

Help?

White_Wolf_63
White_Wolf_63

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement