Re: NEW upload format starts today! ** READ THIS **

Postby renai on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Any news on GIFS?
i see others upload gifs, how?
I just get errors :(
renai

Postby longhairfish on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:06 pm

nailsred wrote:So i just went and tried to upload a set, browse files got the set i wanted and put it in waited for the pictures to come up on left hand side they did, as i was scrolling down the set i noticed some of the pictures had a big red (File is too large) on them not all of them but the ones which were over 10mb

The only thing I know about this is, the picture size limit is 10 megs. So normally you should not see this error. I will make a not to the IT guys.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:14 pm

SteffanStratos wrote:The new upload system is a big improvement, but the order in which sets of images get posted are reversed (it's now: newest sets = posted at end of gallery). When I deleted a bunch of images and then tried to repost the sets in the correct order, error messages appeared saying the images already exist in the gallery. How long to I have to wait until the que of posted-but-deleted images clears? Thank you! :lol:

At this point, me personally am not 100% satisfied with adding pictures to an existing gallery. I am not saying the option is totally broken, but everyone will have different tastes and desire to have pictures in a specific order.

The structure of the uploader is to put pictures in number order. Now this next part I am not sure of yet. If you already had a gallery of pictures for example 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg and so on - adding anything else to that gallery even with a.jpg, b.jpg or c.jpg , this could very well mix things up. This is also an issue I will ask the IT guys about.

In your case though, if you delete pictures from a gallery because they are not in order it might be best to just delete the gallery and start again.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Everyone who has posted problems with the uploading system - thank you. I have collected a bunch of notes for the IT team to look at.

The biggest problem (as you have seen in this topic) is adding pictures to an existing gallery. As you can imagine this might be the hardest bug to track down. So, we know about it. Hold off on adding to an existing gallery if you can for a while. I am also going to do some extensive testing this weekend. Our IT guys love for me to be very specific as to what is not working properly. I will try many different scenarios.

GIF pictures. Still a problem at this point. The GIF pictures are treated a little bit differently than a .jpg or .png. There is a conversion process that has to happen. And this needs work. Probably next week this should be resolved. For now I would suggest not uploading any GIF pictures until you hear back from me.

File sizes: The limit is 10 megs. This will be mostly a thing to remember for users who upload GIF. Some users will see an error message of "File too big" even though the file is in fact lower than 10 megs. This should be an easy fix, but not till next week.

The more details you give me, the faster we can get the issues fixed. Simply saying "This is bad" or "Its broken" will not help. Thanks!
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:59 pm

One other thing to mention. I know that Firefox and Chrome has no issues with uploading.

But if you use Microsoft Edge or something else like that, let us know when you report a problem.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Steel60 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:41 pm

When I drag and drop the photo files this is the message that appears.

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I believe you will find an empty gallery "Cindy Nelson" in my account

using IE-11

Fix connection problems
Steel60

Postby gmmmb on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:42 pm

I now notice all my gallery descriptions are gone.
They are there in 'edit mode', but not in 'view mode.'
gmmmb

Postby Mrs_Sandman on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:46 pm

I can upload photos OK but not able to add descriptions to the photos or gallery. I enter the information in the correct area and save but it doesn't appear. Frustrating. :?:
Mrs_Sandman

Postby Steel60 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 pm

Steel60 wrote:When I drag and drop the photo files this is the message that appears.

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I believe you will find an empty gallery "Cindy Nelson" in my account

using IE-11

Fix connection problems

I tried Chrome and it worked...

However I fail to see how this is easier than dropping a zip file in the uploader. As I zip most of my collections when I find them it was easier for me. Perhaps this is better for others.
Steel60

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement