Filter images by category

Have a question? Look here first

Moderator: admin

Filter images by category

Postby Hijo_Pervertido on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:35 pm

I wonder if I can filter images by category, ie if I don't want to see images containing scat, blood, extreme torture, puke... what I can do?
Is this possible? :roll:
Hijo_Pervertido

Re: Filter images by category

Postby Rator on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:09 am

If you use Firefox with the addon "Greasemonkey" or "Scriptish", you can do it via a script called "ImageFap Gallery Filter 1.1"

Once installed go to Extras->AddOns
You'll find a new Menu called "Userscripts", click it.
Navigate to "ImageFap Gallery Filter 1.1" and click "Settings" (You'll see there that this script will be active on Ifap Domains only btw)
Down on the Bottom hit "Edit this Userscript" -> The editor opens up.
Now the interesting part starts. At the top you'll find a collum called "Config". It should look like this

// -- config --------------------------------------

var unwanted_sizes = [ 'small' ];
var unwanted_words = [ 'gay' , 'caption' , 'scat' ];
var min_num_images = 6;

// ------------------------------------------------

This is my setting, it means: no small galls, no including the unwanted words, and no galleries with less than 6 Pics will show up for me.
Just edit this as you like.

Greetz and have fun

PS: My menus are in german, hop it works for you anyway
Rator

Postby Hijo_Pervertido on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:38 pm

thank you so much, works perfect! I'm very appreciated :P
Hijo_Pervertido

Postby longhairfish on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Although most people won't try to do this, it is the best tip I have seen in a long time. So now its sticky :)
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby firefly3323 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:11 am

sweet!

i already installed it, it is awesome. only changes i made was to set min images to 2 and add "cock" to unwanted words. i might add some more to the unwanted words, we'll see

thanks very much Rator :D
firefly3323

Postby Rator on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks to that, i'm glad to help you all and hope you enjoy.
The script is not made by me btw, so thanks to the Creator, espescially for protecting our eyes in some cases :P

Thanks to longhairfish for making it sticky, and the time and work you spent at this site. Love it!
A question by the way at you:

Is it possible to search more exactly via search variables? If yes, which?
I found out its possible to search for example: Lady* -> so it finds everthing starting with Lady
It's also possible to exclude terms, for example: Lady* -Ladyboy* -> finds all the Ladys, without the fake ones :P

Are there more such possibillities maybe?
Rator

Postby canecutter1 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:14 am

Rator wrote:Are there more such possibillities maybe?

Well...I've found that having two words as a single item in the unwanted words section works...so for example you can do this:

var unwanted_words = [ 'my cock' , 'my dick' ];

...as opposed to just filtering the single words 'cock' and 'dick' and missing, say, the gallery about "Hot Girls Sucking Dick" which you might want to actually see. I haven't tried filtering phrases of three or more words YET, since I literally just installed this five minutes ago, but rest assured I'll experiment further, this script rocks -- thanks a million for mentioning it here!

-- Cutter
canecutter1

Postby jimh48 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks heaps for this post.., 'Greasemonkey' is fucking AWESOME!!!

A definite MUST HAVE for getting rid of crap you really don't want to see on here! :D

EDIT:

Realised i was missing a number of galleries i wanted to see because of the following line in the config...

var unwanted_sizes = [ 'small' ];

I removed the line completely in a bid to see the small pic galleries but found that the whole config stopped working..

I then changed 'small' to 'tiny', as there is no such classification on imagefap, and found it worked perfectly...

22 unwanted words added and loving this place so much more...

and hey btw, just a point of interest.., if you want to see how well this addon is working, count the number of galleries you see per page sometime.., you'll find that it's often different than the number you have in the "results per page" drop-down... ;)
jimh48

Postby longhairfish on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:41 pm

For the whole script to work correctly, we can't be logged in as a moderator. Our screens are a bit different looking. I thought this next problem would go away when I logged out. But once in a while the minimum images will not kick in. I have it set to 4. As you will see in the picture I made, galleries 'once in a while' will still show just one image. Anyone know whats up with that?

http://www.imagefap.com/photo/361430533 ... 461&page=0
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby firefly3323 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:33 am

huh, that is pretty weird fish.

is that the only time you have noticed it happening? i don't recall ever having that happen to me since i first started using it, except for when i was scrolling through an individual users uploaded galleries. i had mine set to 3, but i just changed it to 4. i'll see if i have the same glitch.

EDIT- i uploaded a one picture gallery to test the filter. it has been over a hour and a half since i uploaded it and i do not see it, but when i disable the filter it does show. guess it was some sort of an anomaly?
firefly3323

Next

Return to Imagefap House of Knowledge