The purpose of this Forum

Have a question? Look here first

Moderator: admin

The purpose of this Forum

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 am

Asking questions? Isn't that what Help & Support and Site Stuff are for?

The phrase "House of Knowledge" makes me think more of a repository or running library of those things the site has always been in dire need of: walk-throughs and step-by-step how-to's. No doubt, as with some I've posted here already, they have their beginnings in those other Forums, but I think it's easier to look for something like that here.

And there are such things as forum PMs, you know. I've had two in my phpBB Outbox for months, and I think it's because nobody takes advantage of that feature of the forums (yet they never miss a chance to complain when they don't get a Fap-mail alert -- anyone else find that curious?). Most people who've joined in the last year or so, seeing how much doesn't work around ImageFap, likely presume it's one of those things. Believe me -- it works and works well. (It even worked during one of those times when the techs were having issues with the forum's "skin.")

If anything, it might be worthwhile to have a Sticky here in HofK where long-timers and "folks in the know" can both 'register' their willingness to help, and not just via replying to posts in any of these forums. Starting with the Admin and mods, of course.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Re: The purpose of this Forum

Postby Irregular.Fox on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Sounds like a good idea
Irregular.Fox
Site Admin

Postby wulfpaw on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Maybe a gif image for the PM link and it blinks when theres a new message? Maybe we could boil the forums down to the classic 'help', 'general discussion', off-topic', 'update your galleries?' type of forums. -Simplify the choices so theres more of an efficiency in the time spent here.
Last edited by wulfpaw on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wulfpaw

Postby wulfpaw on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:52 am

Lol (for the record, I love this place..) :D
wulfpaw

Postby wulfpaw on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:14 am

Sounds good; there's little point in taking a stance as an expert if you don't know what you're talking about. Add into that the periodic changes, and who knows how many attempts to help are off the mark. Maybe a 'welcome to the forum, here are the features' type of tutorial?
wulfpaw

Return to Imagefap House of Knowledge