Can I change a favorites folder's representative image?

Have a question? Look here first

Moderator: admin

Can I change a favorites folder's representative image?

Postby FruteLupes on Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:05 pm

Basically title, but I'll clarify as much as I can.

I'm talking about the single image that shows up next to the folder name for each of the folders in the favorites section of my profile.
For some of them, I'd really like to change the image to better suit the folder content and folder theme, rather than just using the first image added.
If not that directly, can I change the order of the images and make something else the first/last in the list and change the representative image that way?
I don't upload at all, but I curate and select quality images to add to my favorites in the hopes that other users can find and enjoy them, so that's why I want to change the image.
Hope someone can help with this.

Thanks,
FruteLupes
FruteLupes

Re: Can I change a favorites folder's representative image?

Postby longhairfish on Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:43 am

Bad news. Nope. Not for single pictures.

I wish we could :|
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby FruteLupes on Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:08 pm

Well, that sucks. But thank you.

I think I will try and write a script that can handle it. Essentially, it will go through my favorites and save the URLs for each one to an excel file.
Then, I will remove that favorites folder.
Next, I will find the perfect image I want to represent the folder and use it to create a new folder of the same name.
Finally, another script will take the excel file with the URLs, go to each image in it, and add it back to the favorites folder.

It should be possible.
FruteLupes

Postby longhairfish on Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:05 am

If it works out for you maybe we can post what you did so others can give it a try.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby FruteLupes on Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:45 pm

Okay, will do. It'll be a bit before I have time to try it, though.
FruteLupes

Postby iwritecaptions on Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:38 am

I have a silly question related to this...

Some time ago I decided to reduce the amount of pictures on my favorites folders, so I created new folders and transferred half of the pictures to it. On the new folder, the favorites showed a new added date, as it was just added to the new folder. My question is: When I transfer a favorite from one folder to another, does the uploader get a new notification that I added it to favorites again? I'm asking it because I'm thinking of doing the same again and don't want to spam people with notifications.

Thanks

---Edit:
Actually, I noticed something: When I transferred the images, I first sent the one I wanted to be the cover, then the others. The new folder organized the favorites in the original order, but the first one I sent, even though is not the first in order, became and kept being the cover. So as long as you send the one you want to be the cover first, what you want to do will work.
iwritecaptions

Postby longhairfish on Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:58 am

Hi,

The uploader won't get any notification of what was modified on your account.

So I think you are all straightened out? Maybe I missed part of the question(s).
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Imagefap House of Knowledge