Possible Spam through fan's pages??

Moderator: admin

Possible Spam through fan's pages??

Postby odesseus on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:59 am

I've noticed within the last 12 hours today, that several "new fans" to my page are all promoting the same website (//tiny.cc/p0nhow), even though they are supposedly five different people, all females so far. Could this website be "spamming" the IF website through member pages in this manner?

When I've gone to review the different profiles, they all have absolutely NO CONTENT posted, whether it is uploaded images or favorites, yet have hundreds of fans of their own. Their pages all have Comments disabled in each case. There are no comments posted on my page from these fans from the same website.

I feel that I'm somehow being used without permission. Anyone have any ideas of what is going on here? Must admit I'm a bit confused by this activity. The website listed is a "online dating" social site, which I didn't bother to explore.
odesseus

Re: Possible Spam through fan's pages??

Postby hairyscotsman on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:20 pm

im the same four new fans never in the chat room yet shown as being on line comments disabled yet they have over 100 fans and they have been members for less than a day
it took me months to get over 100 fans when i joined
also two of them their profiles are under review
think it best to delete those with the tiny.cc website but any others without that if female are most likely genuine
hairyscotsman

Postby derfelcadarn on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:34 pm

I've like seven of these bitches. Is there a way to remove people from your fanbase?
derfelcadarn

Postby derfelcadarn on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Never mind, got it!
derfelcadarn

Postby hairyscotsman on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 pm

just deleted another 5 of these spam fans this getting beyond a joke now strange how one of them has over 200 fans and they had only been signed up 5 hours previously
needless to say ive now deleted them
hairyscotsman

Postby odesseus on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:01 am

I've posted a warning to any and all who join my page under these circumstances. They can either give access via the 'Comments' feature, or they are GONE. Two days is all I shall wait before dropping the hammer on their heads. Thanks for the advice hairyscotsman.
odesseus

Postby gimpers on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:14 am

gimpers

Postby longhairfish on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:36 am

I took care of most of the new accounts. They added me also. That was easy!
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby hairyscotsman on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:46 am

odesseus wrote:I've posted a warning to any and all who join my page under these circumstances. They can either give access via the 'Comments' feature, or they are GONE. Two days is all I shall wait before dropping the hammer on their heads. Thanks for the advice hairyscotsman.

if you read what ive got on my profile about new fans thats the best way to deal with them also i dont like users who dont post what their interests are and usually dont chat to them or look at pics on their profile also how can you gain fans if they dont know what your interests are? some members have been here for over two years and still havent put up what their interests are though saying this their fanbase is very low some not even reaching 10 fans and thats after 2 years though maybe they arent a regular visitor here
hairyscotsman

Postby admin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:21 am

Unfortunately spammers don't give up very easily, and they have found a new way to spam.

Because of the mass amount of accounts some of them added themselves to (over 20.000) , I can't delete them manually.
If you can't wait for our team to remove them:

You can remove them from your fanbase here: http://www.imagefap.com/myfanbase.php

We are working on a solution to prevent this from happening again

admin
admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Stuff