Idea on galleries

Moderator: admin

Idea on galleries

Postby Pervertedmofo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm curious on the community's opinion on my idea,

I think it would be awesome if we were given the ability to arrange our favorite galleries and pics and decide which of those galleries will show up on our profiles, kind of being able to make our own top 5 of our favorited galleries 8-)

Pervertedmofo
Pervertedmofo

Re: Idea on galleries

Postby prettyangelboi on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Personally, think that's a great idea. But even more importantly, I wish they would sort the galleries by the date modified instead of date created.

Sometimes I like to add one or two new photos to an existing gallery, so that I don't have to create an entirely new gallery just with a couple pictures. Right now, when I update a gallery, it just stays at the bottom of the results, sometimes not even showing up on my profile page. It would be better if it was moved back to the top. I like to be able to get the most value out of my existing libraries, since that means more votes and more views. Constantly creating new galleries for every new photo is just kind of wasteful, and it also means that older galleries keep getting pushed further down eventually losing almost all visibility.

This should be a pretty easy feature to implement. If there's not already a database entry for date modified, it could even be solved by simply updating the date created field with the current date whenever a new photo is added. Just a thought. Thanks!
prettyangelboi

Postby dw817 on Fri May 04, 2012 3:27 am

These are all good ideas.

One problem I'm going to run into is since I am posting my writing as images, if I ever need to update the writing in it, it will lose all the number of readers, and I like to see those numbers.

There apparently is no way just to UPDATE a single image maintaining the number of times it was read.
dw817

Postby wulfpaw on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 am

Yahoo groups allowed for 'cutting' files and/or images to a groups 'clipboard', a place that would hold the data for up to 12 hours. A user could then shift the file around to a new folder, re-order a list, go on to delete it, and so on. All the while the file holding the title, decription, and such info while in the clipboard. (New files added to existing folders an be announced from a users profile blog, here at imagefap).
wulfpaw

Return to Site Stuff