Anonymus Galleries can´t be found in search

Moderator: admin

Anonymus Galleries can´t be found in search

Postby JichaelMackson on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 pm

hi folks,

here is my problem:

I started some galleries in where I ask for some pics of some girls i know from social networks etc.
in the "settings" area I choosed "Show my galleries as anonymous", because i don´t want any visitors on my profile to see my other galleries.
i don´t want to be recognized by anyone who knows one or more girls that I know. that is why I choosed anonymus.
but now I can´t find my galleries when I search for them. it only works when they are not anonymus.
and when they are not anonymus everybody can see my other girls i ask for. you hopefully know what I mean.

that can´t be the deeper sense of the anonymus function, or am I wrong?

another problem:

even when my galleries are public (not anonymus) i can not find them all. The search function doesn´t find all information about the girl and gallery I originally gave to.
for example it finds the girls first name, but not the town she lives in. in an other case it finds the town but not the name and in the very next case it finds nothing. but all information given by me to find the girl (except surname) are either included in the gallery title and/or in the tags.
that all makes it unnecessary difficult to someone who searches for the girls.

how can I fix that problem?
thanks in advance for every useful tip.
JichaelMackson

Re: Anonymus Galleries can´t be found in search

Postby longhairfish on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:13 am

It looks like you might know the answer. I just checked for people who posted galleries as anonymous and did a search. Nothing came up in the search. But here is something I noticed. All of the people who have uploaded as anonymous (at least in the last day), have their gallery marked private. This might be some kind of default setting or I just never noticed it. Check in My Fap - My Content and see if the gallery is there. If it is set to private, then uncheck that option and see what happens. This is all I can think of.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby dw817 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:41 am

This is a good point. I'd like to start an anonymous gallery with unique content, however keeping the galleries I already have as listed public and intact and searchable. Is there a way to create a separate gallery that does not list me as the contributor for standard users with the exception of the Moderators having full information on it and it's author and uploader ?
dw817

Postby longhairfish on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:06 am

Nope. When you see galleries with no uploader, that is a fault with the user or the system. Usually a 'timeout' when they upload or something went wrong with the server.

The idea of someone being able to purposely upload anonymously seems like a good idea. But this would cause problems due to the fact that people like to 'mess around' too much if you gave them that little bit of freedom.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby dw817 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Well, I guess I could create a new account so it's not linked to mine. But I think I'd be more ashamed of doing that than opening an anonymous gallery of my secret interests. Welp, that's fine. There's already a few galleries out there that have them, it's just that I get mine from torrents so they're higher quality.

Also, while I have your attention, Mr. Fish, if I have videos, can I upload them someway to ImageFAP ?
dw817

Return to Site Stuff