Can't See Replies To Comments Anymore

Moderator: admin

Can't See Replies To Comments Anymore

Postby Professor Moriarty on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:56 am

Since maybe a week ago or so, I've been unable to see replies that people have left to comments that I've made...but I'm still getting alerts for them. For example, a few days ago I got an alert that user cumcity had left a reply to one of my comments on this picture...

http://www.imagefap.com/photo/435687568/0.jpg

But when I navigate to the page, I can't see cumcity's reply, regardless of whether I'm using Firefox or Internet Explorer. This has happened to me a few times over the last week or so, is there any chance of this glitch (if that's what it is) being sorted out?

Moriarty.
Professor Moriarty

Re: Can't See Replies To Comments Anymore

Postby Professor Moriarty on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:16 am

OK, slight update to my above post...when I leave a reply to an existing comment, as I have done on this picture (http://www.imagefap.com/photo/59941667/22.jpg), I can see it to begin with, but after I navigate away from the page and then come back it has dissapeared.
Professor Moriarty

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:45 pm

There's already a thread on this in H&S . If it looks like the techs or Admin still aren't aware of it in a few days, someone should email Support. I would, except I'm still nudging them in the ribs over this "apostrophes don't show up in image comments" thing, and I find it best to handle one gripe at a time. ;)

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby Professor Moriarty on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Silversleeves wrote:There's already a thread on this in H&S . If it looks like the techs or Admin still aren't aware of it in a few days, someone should email Support. I would, except I'm still nudging them in the ribs over this "apostrophes don't show up in image comments" thing, and I find it best to handle one gripe at a time. ;)

BZT

Oops! Sorry that I've started a new thread...I didn't see the other one. I have just e-mailed support about this problem with replies to existing comments now, so I'll update both threads when I get a response. Great to hear that you've raised the problem of apostrophes not displaying properly...that's a small but extremely annoying glitch. Thanks.
Professor Moriarty

Postby hairyscotsman on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:32 pm

ive had alerts saying comments replied to that ive left but when ive looked there is nothing also noticed that when i leave a comment on
a photo in a gallery that the comment moves when i click on the next photo anyone else had this problem?
hairyscotsman

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:47 pm

And now there's an Announcement about it. Look around, folks -- on rare occasions the Brass do prove they're up-to-date on things. Surprise though that may be. BZT
Silversleeves

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Techs have been notified stop making threads that are the same I've seen like 10 of them on this very subject alone.....!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6741
Questions are not stupid just the people who ask them are.....LOL.....!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby Silversleeves on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 am

It's fixed, but in fixing it, they broke something else.
Now gallery owner Descriptions* no longer appear on the PHP page displaying an image full-size.

"Techs have been notified," to cop a phrase from a friend.

And pardon my conceit, but the way I look at it, if there are two (or more) of my own replies in a topic thread, it has thus become the main thread on said topic. The prudent thing to do, then, is to chase down the OPs of the other threads and thwap them with a virtual wet sponge. :lol:

BZT

* Of an individual picture, not the whole gallery. I am aware the latter disappeared months ago.
Silversleeves

Postby Professor Moriarty on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 am

Sorry to say Silversleeves, but it is not fixed at all. I just left a reply to a comment on this pic (http://www.imagefap.com/photo/179417589 ... 839%29.JPG) and although it appeared at first, as soon as I refreshed the page it vanished. It's just the same problem as before...I tried it in both Firefox and Internet Explorer but I still can't see my reply.
Professor Moriarty

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:13 am

Well, i did notice something else "went out" with the supposed "fix" they did -- you could no longer see the text of the gallery owner's Description of a picture, if there was one, on the PHP page that showed the picture full-size. I suspect that if the replies-to-comments bug re-asserted itself, it was probably due to their trying to fix this new bug their previous "fix" made. But this is only a guess.

The dates are right -- I pointed this new flaw out to the Admin via the Comments link on the 27th or 28th.

BZT
Silversleeves

Return to Site Stuff