Back to the same old problem?

Moderator: admin

Back to the same old problem?

Postby grafter69 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:52 pm

On the 6th August 2011, I started a thread about not being able to upload my galleries...well 1 pic at a time worked, but thats obviously not workable.
Anyway, it seemed to have been sorted out for a short while until the image drives got full again...and now am back to the same old same old problem?
I managed to upload a couple of galleries at the weekend...but since then, its 1 pic at a time. Always trying to add a few more each time I hit the upload button,
but mostly having to hit the reset button because it times out. Any ideas on when this prob may be sorted out? If ever?
Thanks

Grafter
grafter69

Re: Back to the same old problem?

Postby shungry on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:49 pm

I tried to upload a gallery today, multiple times, from Firefox, and IE.
the file transfers, a new page opens with the header Processing images, or smthg like that, and under that, where the names of the images should be listing, nothing. left it there for half an hour, hoping that it does work, only the feedback is faulty, but no, the gallery hasnt uploaded.
shungry

Postby shungry on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:05 pm

still the same.
the file I want to upload is 153 MB big. Ive tried to upload a tiny one, with only two pics in it, that worked.
is there a size limit or something I dont know about?
shungry

Postby shungry on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:49 pm

okay, problem circumvented, made two 75 MB zips instead, those processed fine, lol.
shungry

Postby Silversleeves on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:47 am

shungry wrote:still the same.
the file I want to upload is 153 MB big. Ive tried to upload a tiny one, with only two pics in it, that worked.
is there a size limit or something I dont know about?

Actually, yes. I believe it's something on the order of 100 MB. But the Uploader does allow bigger files than that to be uploaded somewhat often, so most people don't know there's a limit (except to zips, and that only because it's noted on the upload pages).

Now you know where all that server space goes/went when there's an Uploader failure! :lol:

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Return to Site Stuff