My fap>My Fanbase chronically slow to load

Moderator: admin

My fap>My Fanbase chronically slow to load

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:58 pm

24 days on from the last big whack of "improvements," and this is still the case.

I suppose they meant to fix it when they went after the duplicate entries problem in our My Content lists and elsewhere, but the latter task probably took them more time than they anticipated and they had to leave it lie fttb.

No world-ender. If anything it's inspired me to check on the Forums more often than I would have normally. But as someone who keeps a strict "don't add yourself just to prove you know how to right-click" policy Fanbase-wise, the lag in loading that page does present an obstacle of sorts.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Re: My fap>My Fanbase chronically slow to load

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

And are the Forums almost as slow through midday EDT for everyone else, or is that just me, too?

Yes, the mobile redirects are an issue worth discussing. And so are the new glitches -- likely soon to be labeled "features," "improvements" or "anti-spam measures" by the Powers That Be, just wait! -- involving the main Gallery List and its Search Engine.

But from where I sit, THIS is the issue that, next to Club logos not so easily replaced and the disappearance of a practical, working and far less time-intensive means of reordering our galleries on the various lists, deserves most priority attention by the techs. In the current state of things, it pretty much proves that people will Fan for no better reason than to flex their right-click muscle. I Imagine that now there are twice as many Fans on current and past members' Fanbases as there are Members of ImageFap. That's got to cause slow-downs somewhere, sometime, especially since nearly nothing gets deleted unless someone has been banned from membership for reasons involving violation of national laws (then it all goes).

BZT
Silversleeves

Postby Silversleeves on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 am

It's getting better. Still a little lag. Keeping fingers crossed. BZT
Silversleeves

Postby Silversleeves on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, here's a new twist: clicked on my My Fanbase link from My Alerts a minute ago, and the masthead came up and footer links, but nothing in bewteen. Very much like when Profiles disappeared earlier in the week.

Yet the See All Fans link on my Profile page, when clicked on, brings up what looks like the whole list with their avatars in micro-mini size. Could it be a database breakdown, or another side-effect of those two great ImageFap ideas from just this past Spring?

Which ones?
    1.Taking hotlink code out of gallery descriptions (incompletely);
    2.Introducing a gallery reordering scheme that was the acme of convenience (Frontpage checkboxes), then replacing it with something that would make Jim Barksdale scream.

BZT
Edit1: Here is a short list of what you can't access properly from My Fap today.
Edit2: www2.imagefap.com will bring up My Fanbase, if you're willing to wait for it. It's slower by this route than it was via the main server yesterday and the day before.
Silversleeves

Postby Silversleeves on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Bump (already used the auto-bump once -- notice how the techs haven't attended to it yet!)
Silversleeves

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:30 am

My Fanbase is definitely running behind Alerts.

The Fan alert I talked about in another thread this afternoon did show up on my My Fanbase list, but only after I had been Alerted to two more lunkheads adding themselves to my list, neither of whose names I saw when my My Fanbase list finally loaded.

This in itself should be reason enough to remove the Fanbase feature from our memberships.

Unless I'm the only one for whom the My Fanbase list takes 2-5 minutes to load, whether I use the main server URL or an alternate.

And as mine is the only member name on any post in this thread, I have no idea if this is so or not.

BZT
Silversleeves

Arbitrary status update

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Now that page is loading a bit faster, though saving changes is still somewhat lagged. And if I happen to open a "My fap" selected page (such as My Content or even Alerts), the light-green box informing me of changes to My Fanbase also appears. I find that very strange. BZT
Silversleeves

Return to Site Stuff