Forums: Was anyone else "locked out"?

Moderator: admin

Forums: Was anyone else "locked out"?

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:39 am

For nearly all of the past two days, I haven't been able to post to the Forums. My email to Support probably explains what happened the best way.

BZT, 28 April 1740 Z wrote:This might just be a fluke, but I don't think it is.

The Forum appears unable to "take" log-ins. This morning (my time) I logged in by way of the site, opened a browser tab for the Forum and on the Index page I noticed just about every one of the subforums below "Announcement" was showing red titles, signifying new messages. The odd part was when I clicked into Site Stuff, and later, Help & Support, every thread title with an April 2011 date was also in red, including many in which I myself had made the last post. Clicking back into the Index, I scrolled down and noticed the following line for the first time since I've known the forums to work:

> Registered users: No registered users and 0 guests

My first thought was: maybe it's not taking log-ins from the gallery side of the site. So I logged myself from the main site, http://www.imagefap.com, and re-loaded the forum's Index page. I scrolled down to the area where Username and Password are entered -- my browser had filled those fields for me, just fyi -- and clicked on the appropriate button. The next page was the "You have been successfully logged in" with a link back to the index. Clicking on that did return me to the Index but with a "jump" down to the log-in fields area, and this time the line above "Legend" read:

> Registered users: No registered users

I clicked on the same appropriate button, and got the same result. As I was not seen as logged in, I could not post this issue, and reckoned it would be lost in no time in the textual tsunami of the Blogs, so I decided to report this problem via email.

Did the same thing happen to anyone else?

Just curious, is all.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Re: Forums: Was anyone else "locked out"?

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:45 am

I contacted the Admin the forum was offline....

I thought I got banned....LOL....
Questions are not stupid just the people who ask them are.....LOL.....!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby Irregular.Fox on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:44 pm

I had no problems logging in, but when I clicked "new posts" there weren't any.

I usually log in once a day, and being in a different time zone from most of you I could have "straddled the problem", in other words logging in just before and just after the problem started / finished.
Irregular.Fox
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Sun May 01, 2011 11:41 am

This happened to everyone. Closest answer I can give you is that there was a problem with one of the backups that didn't quite make it. If it was like mine, it went to 99.7% and croaked. LOL!
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Site Stuff