PULLING PHOTOS IN GALLERIES IN CORRECT ORDER

Moderator: admin

PULLING PHOTOS IN GALLERIES IN CORRECT ORDER

Postby squizzyt on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:47 am

Everytime I send in photos to my gallery, I send them in in the correct order. They always seem to end up all over the place. I do not know how to get them back into the correct order. Can someone please give me step by step instructions of how to do it as I am not very good with computers. Thank you
squizzyt

Re: PULLING PHOTOS IN GALLERIES IN CORRECT ORDER

Postby Silversleeves on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Do a search in these Forums on "Reorder Images." You might find something that way.

There's been quite a bit of discussion on it since they introduced it.

At one time, all images added to an existing gallery were placed, in the order in which they were uploaded, at the end of a gallery's pages of thumbnails, and creating new pages of thumbnails in the process when it was necessary to do so.

Frankly, I think they'd have done just as well to restore things to how they were. Instead they introduced "Reorder Images."

DOING A SEARCH IN THESE FORUMS-
1. In the upper right-hand corner of this page or the Index page, look for the small symbol that looks like a magnifying glass, tilted diagonally downwards left-to-right.
2. To the right of that will be the word "Search...".
3. Click in the white rectangle containing the word "Search..." and type in the topic you wish to search (in this case, Reorder Images)
4. Then (left-)click on the button to the right of that white rectangle -- often called a "text box" or "text field" for future reference -- and wait for the first page of matching items to load.

If you can't find instructions among the "matched" items, post back here and some one will write you some. (It might even be me.)

Hoping this was helpful.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby Irregular.Fox on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:52 pm

I used to find that zipping the images in order, then uploading the zip file ensured the images would appear in the gallery correctly.

Adding images to an existing gallery? All bets are off.
Irregular.Fox
Site Admin

Postby Silversleeves on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 am

I don't bet.

For adding to galleries, my habit is to move all new adds to the front page of thumbs, so I do a little bit of both -- zip, then Reorder in a new tab with the first tab in Details View.

When I reach the last zero-views pic at the bottom of the first page of thumbs in the first tab, I 7-Zip the .zip file open and use its "Open Outside" feature to view subsequent pics from that .zip (in my default image viewer/editor), matching them as best I can with the micro-thumbs on the Reorder page -- I hope they enlarge those soon, but anyway....

After finishing reordering I close the left-hand tab and click on "I'm finished reordering" in the right one. The first page of thumbs populates and, if I've done it right (and I usually do), Details view shows me Views:0 on every single one.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Return to Site Stuff