upload probs today

Moderator: admin

upload probs today

Postby wepurple on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:06 pm

cant get past the "processing uploads" today...tried different sized files, using a jzip file, just hangs at the processing stage and not one pic is actually processed....whose end might the problem be?
wepurple

Re: upload probs today

Postby wepurple on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:21 am

have reloaded my Jzip software on one computer, and tried uploading using Jzip on another computer as well...uploader is not recognizing/processing the zip file uploads. Has worked fine until today.....pls help...
wepurple

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 am

JZip, from what I've read (briefly) on their FAQ page, isn't necessarily creating a .zip file. Its default archive format might actually be closer in type and pattern to 7Zip, which the Uploader doesn't recognize and can't "open." The file extension "zip" says nothing -- we all well know those are easy enough to change and, even in an application written to make them right, get wrong.

I know that with 7Zip, one must be very careful with its right-click menu to choose "zip" next to Archive format when one selects "Create archive" from its right-click menu in Explorer. Almost all the .zip files I have created in the last two years to upload to ImageFap have been made by 7Zip and I can't recall one that hasn't been recognized and Processed by the Uploader.

I use the following settings in 7-Zip:
Code: Select all
Archive format: Zip                   Update mode: Add and replace files
Compression level: Store                  Number of CPU Threads: 1

(nothing else checked or filled in)

JZip seems a little too "fresh off the farm" to be very useful as yet. I'd even rate their installer as iffy -- I tried it three times and kept getting "encountered a problem, needs to close" messages. I recommend that you install 7Zip instead, use the same settings as I have above, and see if it makes any difference. It's also free of charge.

Hope this turned around and got helpful for you.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby tommy gun on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:37 pm

First of all: Sorry, I speak only little and simple english.

This problem about upload is mine too. It's only with zip files, because no zipped jpg pics are uploaded without problem.
I don't think it's a format problem, because I use the same software to zip files like yesterday and yesterday again and so on.
It's a long time I have used always the same software but from yesterday, at the end of the upload, I have a blank screen with only "Processing" at the top of the page and no file is processed.

Please, think about something is going wrong on Imagefap side.

Thank you ;)

(I have edited my earlier post, my english was so shitty! :D Hope now it's a little bit better)
tommy gun

Postby OhioGuy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:20 pm

wepurple wrote:cant get past the "processing uploads" today...tried different sized files, using a jzip file, just hangs at the processing stage and not one pic is actually processed....whose end might the problem be?

Yes same problem here, I was using WinZip which has always worked in the past.
Zip file gets uploaded, then hangs at "Processing uploads...".
OhioGuy

Postby shikaka_1875 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:17 am

OhioGuy wrote:
wepurple wrote:cant get past the "processing uploads" today...tried different sized files, using a jzip file, just hangs at the processing stage and not one pic is actually processed....whose end might the problem be?

Yes same problem here, I was using WinZip which has always worked in the past.
Zip file gets uploaded, then hangs at "Processing uploads...".

Suffering exact same problem as you OhioGuy, not uploading a zip file, that was zipped using WinZip, gallery is too large to upload as individual files, there are so many times when I have considered leaving here all together, because of the innumerable problems, with the amount of advertising revenue this site must get, you would think that problems like these would be non-existent or at least dealt with quickly. There are many other sites just like this, but they limit the file space and bandwidth, and people come here due to the lack of limits on space and bandwidth. This place requires so much work it's unbelievable, I reckon they should just wipe the servers clean and start over, start an ImageFap 2.0 or something like that, remaining true to itself
QM 'til I die

What is this?
shikaka_1875

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:23 am

Please read the long middle paragraph in this post. Everything that handles pictures, Profiles, comments, the Organizer, etc, are merely small parts of the whole.

So then take a minute to guess what else the folks at ImageFap could be working on.

It's either one thing, or more than one thing. This upload problem has been going on for a couple of days, so my guess is: it's something.

The gallery software is like the old saying about laying wallpaper gone mad, and you can be sure the mods are aware of it, too. In a post on another issue, longhairfish said
This would seem to be an easy fix. But - you know if you do try to fix something like this, there is always the possibility something else would break and make things even worse than they are now. Just IMO. And believe me, we have seen this.

And now you know why. Doesn't it make waiting for a solution easier? (It does for me, and I've been around here longer.)

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby longhairfish on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:14 am

Help & Support already has a thread running about this. Topic locked here.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Site Stuff