We scan uploads for under aged pictures

Moderator: admin

We scan uploads for under aged pictures

Postby longhairfish on Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:01 am

Hi everyone!

Today I will give you a little 'back end' info on some thing we have changed in the last few weeks.

But first you should know that we work with child abuse agencies as well as local or regional police departments. These groups will report to us on occasion pictures of people who appear to be or are confirmed to be under the age of 18. Of course when these pictures are reported to us we delete said pictures with no dispute.

As we move forward we are starting an automated process where pictures from the above agencies are placed in a database. If anyone happens to upload pictures which are in the database, those pictures will automatically* (see below) be rejected from your upload to the gallery.

* An example of a message you might see while uploading is this :

"hot babe I found.jpg,"

That content is forbidden. You tried to upload 1 times.

If you reach 5 tries-> your gallery would be closed".....

This need to be reworded a bit. But what this means is, if you have uploaded more than 5 pictures that matches the database we will just void the entire gallery. This gallery is placed out of public view and only our site administrators can see the gallery.

So what happens is the gallery is flagged. And daily I review all flags made (either automatically or manually by admins) to make sure the flag is indeed legitimate.

There is a very slim chance the automatic flagging of pictures or galleries will fail. But just to be sure I double check.

It will be clear to you when the picture is removed as you will still see the thumbnail of the original picture.

Are you in trouble? Probably no. The child abuse agencies and police very well know the ages of the people (guys or girls) in the database. Some ages could be 17 years and 10 months old. Anyone could easily mistake a person like this.

Are you in more trouble? Your account will not be logged automatically with police or child abuse agencies.

Moving on we will scan the entire site against the database. This will take some time of course. When pictures are found they will be deleted / flagged as I mentioned above. Galleries with more than 5 pictures will also be flagged. At this point you will not receive an email or private message indication so.

One more thing on our admins daily reviews. If we happen to notice a gallery has been flagged in error we will return the gallery back to you. But honestly this is not likely to happen as the database is very accurate.

To end this, the database does not contain every person on the planet who is under 18. Nobody has a database that big! But what we have is pretty good. And it will always be updated.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Site Stuff