Private Galleries

Moderator: admin

Private Galleries

Postby jjstroker on Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:51 am

I noticed that loading a Pvt gallery is slow as can be....then I noticed that when loading the PVT galleries, my browser shows in the URL that the connection is NON-Secure and so indicated by the https symbol. Regular public galleries load fine via secure connection, but not the PRIVATE galleries...whasup??? and why then so slow...is the site switching servers or what??
jjstroker

Re: Private Galleries

Postby longhairfish on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:58 am

Maybe the slowness is because of the way you are viewing your galleries.

You can view "Detailed View" or "One Page"

Viewing as One Page is not the preferred way to view galleries unless you have a killer internet connection and have the PC resources to do it.

Your latest private gallery has 364 pictures. So if you are viewing as One Page, it will take a considerable amount of time for the page to finally load.

And no, while the actual address of the "Priv" pictures might look a bit different, the pictures are either on the same server, but possibly on a different hard drive.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby jjstroker on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:17 pm

Im not a novice...I've been here for years I know about loading pages....You are not answering the question...Why are all site functions performed using a Secure link as indicated by the "https" in the URL, but Private galleries are not showing as a Secure connection. My browser warns me of that fact. The question is why? I'm sure that has something to do with the slowness and makes me feel somehow my images are being stolen..Duh, why else use a Non-Secure connection for only peoples Private Galleries...which is the true question. Number of images loading is not the question. My first concern is why you are using non-secure connection for loading Private galleries. All other site funtions, such as here in the Forum, are via Secure connection...No question it is happening if one uses their eyes, question is why? Is this IF doing it? if not who and why?
jjstroker

Postby jjstroker on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:15 pm

It appears the NON-Secure link warning is coming from my browser security. Its warning the content i.e. Images are vulnerable. Once I open the gallery images, the warning goes away but pages still load slower than normal. Also the link to the gallery at bottom of page wont work with Private Galleries, at least if emailed. Checking on sending links to other IF users.
Something wierd going on. Making a gallery Private is done on many sites and shouldnt be acting so different IMO.
jjstroker

Postby jjstroker on Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:02 pm

Using another browser with same results...Private gallery pages load via Non-Secure connection, then after open, the images are displayed via a secure connection...at least this is what I am seeing. Still very slow loading pages tho.
jjstroker

Postby jjstroker on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Since I am not going to receive an answer, I guess the answer is to not use the "Private gallery" feature on this site. I suggest others do same.
jjstroker

Postby longhairfish on Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:10 am

Dude, where is the fire? You expect an answer in just a few days? Not happening.

No sense in trying to worry other users. This is obviously your intent. So? Don't upload private galleries. Not the end of the word.

You didn't do your homework very well anyway. Yes if you go to a gallery you will see the insecure lock. But clicking on a picture does show the lock. So its not a huge issue.

The reason of the unsecured lock icon is 'probably' due to an external advertisement or an old link to http.

One of our web design teams will check it out when they have a free moment.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby jjstroker on Sat May 23, 2020 11:53 pm

Tks, and sorry to ramble. I was probably smoking some good stuff. I'm sure you are correct.
jjstroker

Return to Site Stuff