Feature Request: Display Image Description on Image Page

Moderator: admin

Feature Request: Display Image Description on Image Page

Postby SlaveToAss on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:12 am

I might have something wrong, but it seems to me that image descriptions show only at the gallery level. It might be nice to display it on the image's actual page as well, almost like a caption, perhaps even above the comment thread and other metadata?
SlaveToAss

Re: Feature Request: Display Image Description on Image Page

Postby fappertwo on Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:14 pm

Yes admin(s), how about this. Can't you add the posters original photo name to the description box below the image when the image is opened? Sometime the name is just to long to read in thumbnail mode and gets cut off. If it showed in the box below the expanded image we could know what is said originally.
fappertwo

Postby fappertwo on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:11 pm

Hey Fish, any thoughts on this? Seems like it would be easy for you to put the original posters original picture name in the info box at the bottom of the expanded image page. Push "report this.." over to one side and add the image name to the other, under views or something. This is important to quite a few of us.
fappertwo

Postby travelerxxx on Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:08 pm

Starting today, I noticed that the gallery title is now displayed beneath each individual picture in that gallery.

I don't care for it – at all. It's distracting as best, often completely misappropriate, makes the site look like 1998, and adds to the clutter. I'm not sure whether it decreases the image size, but it seems as though it does.

Please remove this or give an option to have it or not.
travelerxxx

Postby longhairfish on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 pm

travelerxxx wrote:Starting today, I noticed that the gallery title is now displayed beneath each individual picture in that gallery.

I don't care for it – at all. It's distracting as best, often completely misappropriate, makes the site look like 1998, and adds to the clutter. I'm not sure whether it decreases the image size, but it seems as though it does.

Can you show me a screen capture of that? None of the site web designers have told me of any changes. And I am not seeing anything different.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby travelerxxx on Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:29 am

longhairfish wrote:
travelerxxx wrote:Starting today, I noticed that the gallery title is now displayed beneath each individual picture in that gallery.

Can you show me a screen capture of that? None of the site web designers have told me of any changes. And I am not seeing anything different.

It's on every "single" picture, just below the picture itself. The title of the gallery is shown there in fairly large font. To be more exact, it fills the space between the actual picture and the comment box.

I don't think I'm imagining anything. I noticed it first thing today when I came to the site. I was distracted right away. In fact, I went directly here to the forums to see what was up and found this very recent thread. So, I assumed it was a requested "feature" that was added as mentioned in this thread. Am I going crazy? I certainly don't remember this existing before today. Perhaps within the last few days?
travelerxxx

Postby longhairfish on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:35 am

All right. The intentions were good. But something got fucked up :P

The web design team is working on a few things. But this 'annoyance' should be removed by the weekend - I hope :?
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby travelerxxx on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:01 am

longhairfish wrote:All right. The intentions were good. But something got fucked up :P

The web design team is working on a few things. But this 'annoyance' should be removed by the weekend - I hope :?

Thank-you for the reply. I wasn't imagining things, then.... Whew!
travelerxxx

Postby yoda123 on Fri May 21, 2021 3:20 am

The galley title is still under the pictures, it would be better to have the image description there instead.
yoda123

Postby longhairfish on Mon May 24, 2021 5:25 am

So, it turns out that having that 'extra' gallery description below each picture is a good thing for advertising.

I have to make this short as it would become boring real fast.

Yes we see the actual gallery title above each picture. And to you and me this is all that should be needed.

The problem (if you want to call it a problem) is that it is indeed a link. So - not plain text.

Having the plain text below the pictures is needed to gain maximum gallery exposure. And when sites like Google scan our site.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Next

Return to Site Stuff