Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Moderator: admin

Re: Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Postby webrabri on Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:05 pm

Bonjour, cette semaine j'ai en outre la surprise de constater que des echanges de messages via la boite aux lettres ont disparu.
notamment un courrier issu des USA, d'un nouveau membre, une certaine elisa4n ? qui me sollicitait pour une donation et à qui j'avais fait une assez longue reponse que je ne retrouve plus....pouvez-vous m'en dire plus ? merci...
webrabri

Postby webrabri on Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:03 pm

Hello, I still do not see any improvement in the count of views and new galleries ..... on the other hand I note the very negative return for the communication of image puzzles, which do not work, produce errors, and slow down the site ..... But where are the priorities of your developers? .... I also wonder about their abilities ...? hoping that all of this will settle quickly ...... to read to you ...
Bonjour, je ne vois toujours pas d'amelioration dans le decompte des vues et des nouvelles galleries.....par contre je constate le retour tres nefaste pour la communication des puzzles d'images, qui ne fonctionnent pas, produisent des erreurs,et ralentissent le site.....Mais où sont les priorites de vos developpeurs ? .... je me pose aussi des questions sur leurs capacités...? en esperant que tout cela va s'arranger rapidement...... à vous lire...
webrabri

Postby Stacy_Pinky on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:02 am

On my profile page, it is staying at, "Images viewed: 0" even though I am definitely viewing images.

Also I noticed that in my profile the History page is not working. Is it intended to show galleries I viewed or galleries I uploaded?

Perhaps these 2 issues are related to the gallery statistics not working?

I thought these issues are because my account is new, but I am not sure.
Stacy_Pinky

Postby webrabri on Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Bonjour, voila maintenant plus de 3 mois que les statistiques ne fonctionnent plus correctement et rien ne bouge.....!!!
webrabri

Postby arsby on Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:44 pm

I've been wondering what's going on with the stats and I noticed something.
When I run stats over galleries, all of my galleries after 19 Oct 2019 are omitted!
This goes for all of the galleries.
Another way to put it is the most recent gallery number that I posted today is 8581894. The most recent on the statistics is 8387547.
I wonder if any of you are finding that stats for all galleries posted after 19 Oct 2019 are omitted from your statistics report. If you are getting stats that end at a different date, then maybe the reason is with the number of galleries you've posted. Let's see.
arsby

Postby longhairfish on Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:13 am

Small update on this. We have a guy checking out the problem. Hopefully its fixed by the end of the day Friday.

My bet is more like the early part of next week though.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby arsby on Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:06 am

Any news on this? I'd really like to see it fixed.
arsby

Postby Piledriver88 on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:09 pm

I'd like to know too. Any newer estimate on a fix date?
Piledriver88

Postby Areantha10 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:33 am

This has been an issue for almost four months now, so I'm not holding my breath.

Kudos to Longhairfish who looks to be doing his best to get this sorted out, but I do wonder if this is being taken seriously by the owners of this site. I know Imagefap is free to use, which perhaps limits our right to complain, but someone is making an income from this site, so I think we deserve better, given that we add the content that drives the click-throughs.

This is just the latest issue concerning a statistics/analytics feature that was barely fit for purpose even before this problem came up. Here's what I observe:

1) Look at the Views figures assigned to each pic in a Gallery - you have to divide by three to get the real number.
2) Logged on and found 56 Favourite Alerts have come in overnight? Would you like to see all the people who liked your posts? Forget it - the Alert list does not scroll, so you can only ever see the most recent 25 alerts.
3) Sometimes you'll see a Gallery 'Favourited' more than once by the same User. I think this means they have added individual pics from your Gallery to their Favourites. Want to know which pics are so popular? No way of knowing - yet the Comments Alerts tell you which pic attracted the comment.
4) Let's say you have 150 Galleries posted. Want to know which ones had the most views in the last day/week/month? Forget it - every time you generate a report, it lists the Galleries in what appears to be a random order. This is so basic - you should at the very least be able to click at the top of the column to order the Galleries by Name or by Number of Views. A half-decent system would have the option to export the report to Excel.

The points I've raised might seems a bit obsessive, but part of the fun of uploading stuff is being able to know which posts are more popular. As Longhairfish said on 18th December "I know some of you guys like the numbers".

I'd be interested to know if anyone else feels as strongly about this.
Areantha10

Postby Areantha10 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:39 am

Regarding Issue (4), I've just discovered you can Copy/Paste a report into Excel, which is cool - however this remains pretty useless whilst this report only shows Galleries posted before mid/late October 2019.
Areantha10

PreviousNext

Return to Site Stuff