Multiple galleries not appearing on mainpage/sectionpage.

Moderator: admin

Multiple galleries not appearing on mainpage/sectionpage.

Postby Anal_Stuffer on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Het there, little question.

It's something similar to the question this user asked: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8207

I've uploaded 5 different galleries this morning (GMT+01:00 time), they appeared as normal after ~40 minutes on the gallery main-page. After some shuffling on my harddrive I decided to upload some more galleries this afternoon. Uploading went fine, they appeared as normal in my gallery-section of my profile page. But the galleries didn't appear after ~45 minutes on the mainpage. I've uploaded the first of 4 around 13.30, I was looking on the main-page at galleries added around the same time. I was also looking at the ''hairy category''-pages , my other galleries where still there, and even a gallery uploaded later than the one I added.It also didn't appear in the search. So I deleted the gallery, and waited for my other galleries to appear, but they didn't. But later added galleries from other users did. So I deleted those 4 I uploaded this afternoon.
It happened to me a couple of times previously when I add more than a hand-full of galleries.
When I uploaded these not-appearing galleries after a day or so they did appear.

So my question: is this a flood-prevention? cause it is pretty useless for me (or other users that is) to add galleries which don't appear on the main-page and search. Or is it a bug or something, and if this happens again I can do what I did previously: waiting a day and re-upload.
Anal_Stuffer

Re: Multiple galleries not appearing on mainpage/sectionpage.

Postby longhairfish on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:20 pm

There is no flood protection.

Most likely a 'bug'.

When you uploaded the galleries, after a while, did they appear on the main page with your avatar next to it?

One more thing. after you uploaded were you still logged in? If not the question before this will pertain.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Anal_Stuffer on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm

When you uploaded the galleries, after a while, did they appear on the main page with your avatar next to it?

No they did not appear at all like I said. Not on the main-page, not on the category-pages. Nor did they with a search. Only at my profile page.
Galleries other users uploaded at a later time did appear.

One more thing. after you uploaded were you still logged in? If not the question before this will pertain.

I got logged off between the uploading page and the processing page, like it happens all the time. Which is a bit annoying, but I just refresh another homepage I've got open in another window and log in during the processing.
When the processing was finished, I just proceeded and got on to the editing page where I added tags and the description, as normal. But the galleries just didn't got on the main page.
Anal_Stuffer

Postby longhairfish on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:59 am

Ok. The only thing we can do is 'possibly' search for some of the key words in your gallery title. I have to tell you though, this is a long shot. As for being logged out while uploading, this used to be a much bigger problem and mostly resolved. I have no answer for you why that happens. You might be able to look around the forum and find some hints others used to get around this problem, but I don't remember any.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Anal_Stuffer on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:29 am

So today it happened again. First upload i did in a week.
Made a screenshot of my profile page, and galleries mainpage. Made a circle around the time of placement to show it didn't appear on de mainpage.

Waiting to see if the other 3 galleries will appear, if they don't i going to delete all 4 of them and start over again in a couple of hours.

Image Image

Edit: same thing happened to the next gallery placed at 12:05:11 :(
edit2 : deleted them, none of them appeared in de gallery mainpage :(
Anal_Stuffer

Postby japavidols on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I was going to look into it for you, but it would help to not be so quick to delete them like that.

Reading back through this thread though, and from past experience, one tip to try that might help: You said before you open the site another browser window while uploads are processing. Don't. I used to do that sometimes and I'd have to re-login and it caused some issues for me with uploading. Let it go all the way through and see what happens, if you get logged out then log back in (and if you keep having this problem you need to try the cache/cookie/temp files clearing thing and also CTRL+F5 afterwards to see if that helps) and see if you can then edit the gallery and wait to see if it does show up.
japavidols

Postby Anal_Stuffer on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:31 pm

japavidols wrote:I was going to look into it for you, but it would help to not be so quick to delete them like that.

thought of that too after I deleted those galleries. So I uploaded a new small gallery already yesterday to see what would happen, and if it didn't appear to use that one as an example.
So here it is: http://www.imagefap.com/gallery/3613891 It has a ''vintage'' category-tag. But when I'm looking in the vintage section, my gallery won't appear.
Reading back through this thread though, and from past experience, one tip to try that might help: You said before you open the site another browser window while uploads are processing.Don't.

Not really another window, just a tab in the same Firefox 14.0.1 (if that would matter) window.
I used to do that sometimes and I'd have to re-login and it caused some issues for me with uploading. Let it go all the way through and see what happens, if you get logged out then log back in (and if you keep having this problem you need to try the cache/cookie/temp files clearing thing and also CTRL+F5 afterwards to see if that helps) and see if you can then edit the gallery and wait to see if it does show up.

When I upload with just one tab open, it logs me off while processing the images. If I don't log in in another tab, my gallery will be placed anonymous :(
Anal_Stuffer

Postby Anal_Stuffer on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 pm

no feedback?
Anal_Stuffer

Postby Irregular.Fox on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Anal_Stuffer wrote:When I upload with just one tab open, it logs me off while processing the images. If I don't log in in another tab, my gallery will be placed anonymous :(

I used to think that, then I realised it was because I was logged in through another tab that it uploaded as anonymous.

At the moment I'm logged in during upload, logged out during the image validation thingy, and then once completed and I log back in the gallery is appearing on my profile as normal.

Using Chrome here btw.
Irregular.Fox
Site Admin

Postby Anal_Stuffer on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Another user having the same problem.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8686

Had the same problem last Saturday, and also today again. Last week I uploaded 6 galleries, first 5 appear as normal, 6th doesn't appear at mainpage. Today I uploaded 8 galleries after each other, the first 6 appear as normal this morning, number 7 & 8 won't appear on the mainpage only @ my profile page.

I stop uploading when 1 of them doesn't appear, every time deleting the last ones which didn't appear cause I didn't get any feedback of other galleries I used as a example for solving this problem, and try again later.
Anal_Stuffer

Next

Return to Site Stuff