About blocked users

Moderator: admin

About blocked users

Postby Oedipal on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi, I was wondering if blocking users is an effective feature after all. I blocked someone and yet that person is able to become a fan of mine... At the most, if I block someone, they won't be able to pm me. I think they shouldn't even be able to find and see your profile. Just a suggestion.
Oedipal

Re: About blocked users

Postby Irregular.Fox on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Blocking a user stops them from bothering you with private messages and the like. I'm pretty sure it also stops them from being able to comment on your profile.

It doesn't stop them from viewing your galleries, profile etc.

This is effective because:

1) Having someone be a fan of you has nil impact on you at all. If you remove them as a fan, and they re-add themselves, they move to the top of the list on your profile. If you ignore them, eventually they'll drop off your profile into obscurity unless someone is actually trolling through your fans. Unlikely.
2) If you have issues with people viewing your posted content, perhaps you should not be posting the content. I believe you may be able to upload private galleries that do not appear on your profile or in the gallery searches.
3) It keeps imagefap content free and easily available to all members and visitors, and quite frankly it's easy for someone who's been banned to create a new profile and harass you again.

In short you're free to ban someone for any reason, but you'll also need to just ignore them.
Irregular.Fox
Site Admin

Postby Oedipal on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Thank you so much, IF ;)

PS: I didn't understand whether blocked users are actually able to comment your uploads or not... (if my own galleries are public).
Oedipal

Postby japavidols on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:13 am

They might be able to for a short time. It does take a little time for a user to be fully blocked once you do so, from my prior experience that can be in the range of 30-60 minutes.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent

RIP Leonard Nimoy, 1931-2015. LLAP
japavidols

Postby hairyscotsman on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:14 pm

japavidols wrote:They might be able to for a short time. It does take a little time for a user to be fully blocked once you do so, from my prior experience that can be in the range of 30-60 minutes.

i banned someone who became a fan as i didnt like his interests however despite banning him he became a fan a second time and again he got deleted this second deletion worked but that was after more than 24 hours had elapsed
hairyscotsman

Postby disco_Klaus on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 am

Is it possible to block all TS/TV, Shemale, Crossdresser content and profiles? I don't wanna see this shit and it bother me that a lot of this fag shit is featured on the main page.
disco_Klaus

Postby dw817 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:48 am

Disco-Klaus, that statement could be considered prejudice, and that's mean to others.
I'm delighted that whoever is popular appears on ImageFAP's front page, notwithstanding their sexual preference or sexual identity.

It's like saying you want anyone who is wearing a T-shirt must walk on the opposite side of the street of you but anyone wearing a business dinner jacket should walk on your side of the street.

We make the choices we do regarding our sexuality, I know I do, and the greatest thing we can do to help each other in this great Sapphire World of ours is to be accepting of others' and their beliefs and identity, which could be more fragile and delicate than you think.

Not necessarily to be influenced for them or to be biased against them. Just - accepting - as friends - as we accept all races of National Origin today. Please consider.
dw817

Postby krovas on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:38 pm

disco_Klaus wrote:Is it possible to block all TS/TV, Shemale, Crossdresser content and profiles? I don't wanna see this shit and it bother me that a lot of this fag shit is featured on the main page.

Ditto. There's a bunch of crap here that's repellent as hell. Blocking a user should be the equivilent of a personal hellban...they should simply cease to exist to your profile.
krovas

Postby canecutter1 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 am

krovas wrote:
disco_Klaus wrote:Is it possible to block all TS/TV, Shemale, Crossdresser content and profiles? I don't wanna see this shit and it bother me that a lot of this fag shit is featured on the main page.

Ditto. There's a bunch of crap here that's repellent as hell. Blocking a user should be the equivilent of a personal hellban...they should simply cease to exist to your profile.

Agreed. They should cease to exist period. Once you block a user, you should no longer see that user's galleries in the browse lists, you should not see the user's comments on pics or galleries, you should not receive PMs from that user, etc.
canecutter1

Postby canecutter1 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:09 am

dw817 wrote:It's like saying you want anyone who is wearing a T-shirt must walk on the opposite side of the street of you but anyone wearing a business dinner jacket should walk on your side of the street.

:roll:

That's true only for as long as those people have their clothes on, and once they start waving their genitalia around, it's a much different situation...one that is much more similar to that which exists on ImageFap.

Furthermore...if you wish to pontificate about the rights of others to post what they want to, that's fine, but what about my right to decide whether I want to look at that stuff or not? Or perhaps you'd be okay with it if you were told that starting tomorrow, you must not only share the sidewalk with people who are doing things that disgust you personally, you must also let them come inside and stand in your kitchen doing it.

Okay? Nobody's saying they should be forced to stop posting it. We're saying we shouldn't be forced to view it when we're here looking for other things that we actually do want to see. When I'm browsing the "Teen" category looking for pictures of young women, I don't want to see pictures of some 50-something male stroking his pitiful excuse for a penis...yet that just happened here two days ago, and it wasn't the first time. If you feel that my wishing to block that material is prejudicial and mean, then so be it, I'm not going to argue semantics with you.
canecutter1

Next

Return to Site Stuff