A few site gaffes worth mentioning.

Moderator: admin

A few site gaffes worth mentioning.

Postby Silversleeves on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:35 pm

I might be the only one they're happening to, but as no one else has started a thread on these specifically, I'm mentioning them here.

Background: After two or three "Internal Server Error" messages either logging in or changing from www.imagefap.com to up.imagefap.com, I went AFK and didn't bother to try logging back in until this morning, my time.

The first time I tried I got another '504', so I gave it another forty-five minutes and tried again.

I saw my Profile page populate, and noticed a few things were different.
1. All the visible comments were Profile comments; no comments on individual images.
2. None of my top 5 galleries were the ones I left the site with before yesterday's errors.

I also noticed I had eight Alerts. That seemed normal, considering the amount of time I was logged out.
However, five of them read:
sonyaalli is now your fan!
with times one and two minutes apart, starting at 2:43PM (July 4) by the Dutch clock.

I surfed to this sonyaali's page and saw by the icon that should read "Submit relation request" that "You're related to this user".

I have yet to see ONE Relation Request from anyone on ImageFap. The name "sonyaali" means nothing in this context.

I'll still remove this member from my Fanbase with my usual spot of AutoHotkey-scripted pique, and as it's a summer Sunday, won't expect any explanation for any of the foregoing until the next time it rains and everyone in Downtown Europe is forced inside again.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Re: A few site gaffes worth mentioning.

Postby Silversleeves on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:07 pm

OK it gets weirder.

I just reloaded my Profile page. Now in the Comments, all I see are Image comments, but the thumbnails to the images are not there: instead I see the member avatar of the member who made them. Hovering over one or two, I see this in my Status bar:
Code: Select all
http://www.imagefap.com/image.php?id=
which copies as
Code: Select all
http://www.imagefap.com/img/unknown.jpg
if the avatar is the generic half-open fist, and while the URL for one looks OK, clicking on it gives me a 404 Not Found page with this URL in my Location bar: http://www.imagefap.com/404.php?type=image .

Somebody's working on something in this direction, and I suppose what I'm seeing are the fits and starts that are part of the process. I'll be AFK for most of the early afternoon, my time, and it will definitely be interesting to see what I find when I log back on towards dinnertime. :)

BZT
Silversleeves

Postby purvvygurl on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:30 pm

I can't get any profile pages to load now. The navigation header and footer load, but the profile itself doesn't load.
purvvygurl

Postby hairyscotsman on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 pm

ive noticed that beside my online green light? my gallery(which is empty) and fanbase it says in brackets everyone can see this but checking other profiles it doesnt say this and am wondering why this is or is the everyone can see this only visible to the profile member?
anyone else got"everyone can see this" beside their online light gallery and fanbase?
hairyscotsman

Postby Silversleeves on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 pm

purvvygurl wrote:I can't get any profile pages to load now. The navigation header and footer load, but the profile itself doesn't load.
And there is exactly one new Announcement, informing us that they can't get Community Chat to connect.

"How about the rest of the site, folks? Have you checked that lately?"

Appropriately, my brush-off reply to jrputz's post about seeing about as much as purvvygurl notes she saw in the part of her post I just quoted above has been removed. I see fish is on forum as I write this. Chops to him for bringing me back to my senses, but now as I'm seeing as much as the two of them did several hours ago, I wonder if he's heard about anything being done about any of it?

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

BZT
Silversleeves

Postby haleon on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:15 pm

the alert stuff has been wonky like that for a couple of days at least. And the times I've gotten relationship requests the '1' icon over notifications just wont go away no matter what way I respond to the notification it seems. I've also been having issues posting comments on people's pictures, which is a shame.

Of course I understand that running a community focused hosting web-site probably is hard work and there isn't all that much in terms of revenue, so I hope the system administrators read the feedback we provide knowing that we are trying to do what we can on our end (which sadly is not much more than pointing out the bits that don't function properly).

Happy 4th of July to all you Americans btw. Should take this sorta-down time to go wave a flag or look at some fireworks ;P
haleon

Postby Silversleeves on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:00 am

Right now my Profile page populates (it went "invisible" for awhile, like quite a few others), but I still have the generic or user avatar on image Comments and the go-nowhere links behind them.

Ironically, clicking on See All Comments, then on View Image Comments, and letting that page load, I notice the image thumbnails -- one size smaller than they would be on my Profile page, the size of an avatar over a My fap link, which I call "micro-mini" -- are right there and the links are valid for the four I've tried so far.

I suppose it's just a matter of restoring and synch'ing their bigger brothers. I surfed to one or two Profile pages and noticed newer Image Comments on those had their correct thumbs in the larger size, but a few were still showing as user avatars for users who hadn't customized their avatar (ie, the generic half-open fist stand-in).

BZT
Silversleeves

Postby koolkeef on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:49 am

I haven't been on in a while but when I logged on today I noticed all of my older galleries are missing. Currently the first gallery on my page was added on 2010-03-17. However I've uploaded several galleries before this going back to 2009. They're all gone. :cry:
koolkeef

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:57 am

Still no fix to the Comments/linked thumbs issue. And now I'm noticing my own avatar is missing from the posts I've made to this thread and elsewhere in the Forums.

Whatever steps the techs took to fix the "invisible profile" problem created another one or two "problems". Maybe rolling a few things back, and not waiting too long to start in doing so, would provide a solution.

The sensible thing to do in the future would be to make the "improvements" a good number of ImageFap members actually want. That way, when things go wrong, the techs and Brass can say, "Well, you asked for X or Y. It's not our fault it didn't work!"

But even before that, considering how many things there were to fix before 1 June, there should have been no new features added until a few of those issues (Clubs -- remember Clubs?) were resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Or that of just a few.

Now we have more problems to be solved. Way to go about it, techs!

BZT
Silversleeves

Postby purvvygurl on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:07 pm

There seem to be a huge number of dead image links now. Thumbs show, but I'm getting a lot of dead links to the actual pics. It seems they are from mid-2010 or so. :(
purvvygurl

Next

Return to Site Stuff