CLOSED Accounts and associated galleries

Moderator: admin

CLOSED Accounts and associated galleries

Postby BalledEager on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:07 am

When looking selecting the 'Profile' of a contributor, I am sometimes met with the message 'this account has been closed'.

Though the 'user account' has been closed, the galleries STILL exist.

I'd like to suggest that extant galleries associated with 'closed accounts' should STILL be searchable.

cheers.
BalledEager

Re: CLOSED Accounts and associated galleries

Postby longhairfish on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:44 am

Yes the galleries will still exists. This is done intentionally.

Many times a user will close their account. Then they change their mind later on and open their account. The galleries are preserved.

But this can only happen for up to 60 days. By design, but not perfected, any galleries still laying around after 60 days and the account is closed, the galleries will automatically be deleted.

The 60 day rule has not always been in place. We started that not too long ago. My guess there are still many accounts that are closed with dormant galleries.

Back to the original suggestion of being able to search galleries of closed profiles. This is not likely to happen. For one reason it would cause a huge mess between us, the searching user and all of the search engine sites.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby TheWordSmith on Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:52 am

I'd say that any galleries posted by users with closed accounts that predate the 'new' policy will still have those 'dormant' galleries lying around since I can still search out certain galleries I know belong to closed accounts that were closed more than 60 days ago... ;)
TheWordSmith

Postby longhairfish on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:28 pm

That is because you didn't read what I said.

The 60 day rule has not always been in place. We started that not too long ago.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Site Stuff