New gallery not appearing on main page

Moderator: admin

New gallery not appearing on main page

Postby zephyrus on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:47 pm

I posted a vintage erotica gallery earlier today - it appears in my profile and on the category page, but not on the main page.

Meanwhile, users posting posting dirty tampons fished out of toilets or selfshots of them beating off on a stupid magazine with their ugly asses crammed into a pair of panties get theirs featured no problem (not to mention the f-ing disgusting scat galleries that still get through).

Did I miss a checkbox or a posting step or something?
zephyrus

Re: New gallery not appearing on main page

Postby firefly3323 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:18 am

i just checked and as of 8:16 pm eastern us time it is showing up on page 16

it can take a while for the gallery to appear, sometimes 45 minutes or longer.

also, it seems that some users are suffering from system "glitches", perhaps that is why you did not see it right away.

edit - to get rid of some of the galleries you do not want to see try this http://www.imagefap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7645
firefly3323

Postby zephyrus on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 am

It never did appear on Page 1 of the main page however (despite appearing the categories at the expected time). Apparently there was a glitch/delay in showing up on the main section & by the time it did it was buried 10+ pages deep.

However, during that window other galleries seemed to post just fine (including multiple ones by single members) so it wasn't a site-wide problem.
Any admins have thoughts on this?
zephyrus

Postby zephyrus on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am

By the way, that filtering script looks interesting - might install.

But IMO there needs to be more enforcement on the main page galleries. Just now I logged in to be greeted with some guy's photos of his cock smeared with his shit. And another gallery below that one featuring his asshole smeared with shit. Members should be able to login and scroll down the featuring galleries without having to see multiple ones featuring content that makes 99% of the population want to puke.
zephyrus

Postby firefly3323 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:36 am

you should give it a shot, it is easy enough to disable if you want.

i have been trying to fine tune it for my own tastes and the more i do the more i love it. occasionally a few of the unwanted galleries get by, but now it is usually due to the gallery title being in a foreign language.
firefly3323

Return to Site Stuff