Multiple galleries not appearing on mainpage/sectionpage.

Moderator: admin

Re: Multiple galleries not appearing on mainpage/sectionpage.

Postby Anal_Stuffer on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Same problem, new gallery :| 7th gallery I uploaded today.

http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/374698 ... %283of3%29

Decided to leave it up, maybe someone can find what the bug is using this gallery as an example.

edit: deleted after a day. Gonna do an re-upload :roll:
Anal_Stuffer

Postby canecutter1 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:25 am

Anal_Stuffer wrote:Same problem, new gallery :| 7th gallery I uploaded today.

This has been the case ever since I joined ImageFap. I've even had the sixth or even the fifth gallery not show up in the main browse list (the one you get when you click on the "Galleries" link) if the galleries I've uploaded that day were especially large (in terms of total bytes, not picture size or count), leading me to suspect that it may not be the number of galleries, but rather the total volume of content a user has uploaded on any given day, that triggers this. I've also seen people get away with uploading, like, 15 "galleries" with one picture in each one, which seems to lend further credence to that suspicion.

Also FWIW, I've never considered it a problem - I've always thought it was a feature intended to try and prevent a user from flooding the site. So, I simply upload my six galleries a day, then come back the next day with six more - or I leave a notice in the description of the sixth one telling people I'm uploading additional galleries that won't be showing up in the browse list, and I include the URL for the gallery listing in my profile in that description so they can copy and paste it to their browser's address box and go find the remaining galleries.

Note that this situation resets itself at midnight UTC - another reason I suspect it's a deliberate feature rather than a problem. Once the UTC date changes, you get six more uploads. Therefore, it's possible to start before midnight UTC, upload six galleries, wait a few minutes until after midnight UTC, then upload six more for a total of twelve in that session. However, the usefulness of this depends on where you live...where I am, midnight UTC is at 7 PM local time, so it works for me...and of course you can't do that two days in a row because if you do this around midnight UTC tonight, you'll have to wait until after midnight UTC tomorrow before you can upload anything again (I hope that makes sense).

Finally...the issue with getting logged out while the system is processing an upload doesn't happen if you have smaller galleries. If you're uploading a gallery with hundreds of pics, this is going to happen, especially if they're "large" or "huge" pics size-wise and you're doing it while the site is handling a lot of traffic. Admin says anything more than 1000 pics will be deleted. FWIW, if it were up to me, I'd make that 200!

Canecutter1
canecutter1

Postby Anal_Stuffer on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am

canecutter1 wrote:
Anal_Stuffer wrote:Same problem, new gallery :| 7th gallery I uploaded today.

This has been the case ever since I joined ImageFap. I've even had the sixth or even the fifth gallery not show up in the main browse list (the one you get when you click on the "Galleries" link) if the galleries I've uploaded that day were especially large (in terms of total bytes, not picture size or count), leading me to suspect that it may not be the number of galleries, but rather the total volume of content a user has uploaded on any given day, that triggers this. I've also seen people get away with uploading, like, 15 "galleries" with one picture in each one, which seems to lend further credence to that suspicion.

Canecutter1

Yeah, that was one of my guesses to. Have you ever tracked how much MB the max. upload approximately is?
Anal_Stuffer

Postby canecutter1 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 am

Anal_Stuffer wrote:Yeah, that was one of my guesses to. Have you ever tracked how much MB the max. upload approximately is?

No, I haven't. I simply started keeping all my zip files down to about 10-11 MB and uploading no more than six galleries per day...or, as I said upthread, just letting them not show up in the browse list and leaving a link to the gallery listings in my profile in the description along with a short note advising users to look there for galleries that I know aren't going to show in the browse list because I've upped more than six.

-- Cutter
canecutter1

Postby firefly3323 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 pm

re number of galleries per day

from the "how to" thread in the announcement forum;
Q: I have uploaded a lot of galleries today, I can see all of them on my profile, but only a view are shown on the main gallery page: http://www.imagefap.com/gallery.php
A: There is no limit to the amount of galleries you post, but only 6 galleries per day will be shown on the main gallery page. A day is defined as any 24 hour period

as far as size of the zip file, i have uploaded 5 of 6 galleries in a day, all of them being 50 mb +/- and they all show up in the gallery list. the only issue (to the best of my knowledge) with large files is that if they are too large you can be logged out and the gallery ends up being shown as an anon. uploader. it seems to me that if i keep all uploads in the 50 mb range there are not any problems, other than any time that the site is "acting up".
firefly3323

Postby firefly3323 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 am

well, i don't know if it is due to the changes that occurred to the site the other day but it seems that you can upload more than 6 galleries in 24 hours and have them show up on the main gallery page. it looks like if you do that then some of your galleries will be shown as an anon uploader.

i noticed that the member wildman23 has uploaded 12 galleries in about a half hour, all titled "teen girls in leather and denim" but only 6 (so far) are shown as him being the member that uploaded them.
firefly3323

Previous

Return to Site Stuff