The SUGGESTIONS thread is gone.

Moderator: admin

The SUGGESTIONS thread is gone.

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 am

Just noticed it.

Not a world-ender by any means, but it was often amusing to see how many posts would run one after the other in it before it skidded back to its intended purpose.

I suppose this frees up the techs from having to ask themselves, at any time in the future, whether or not a new "feature" or "improvement" will be one the majority of members of ImageFap will appreciate or not. Granted, from the evidence available to our eyes and fingers -- some of which are still smarting, no doubt, making use of the new gallery reordering scheme -- they haven't burdened themselves much with this so far. But as a one-stop running list of how we did want the site to look and feel, the single thread rougefemale started could not be beaten.

And now its gone. Where to? (I shouldn't expect an answer to that question all too soon. Consider it rhetorical.)

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Re: The SUGGESTIONS thread is gone.

Postby longhairfish on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 pm

I checked around and I don't see that post intentionally removed. But I can't see everything (I don't think). I do know that I can't bring it back. I might add though that this was getting kind of old. Personally I didn't pay much attention to it. That is just me though.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:09 am

The other possibility is that the Admin requested it be taken off so the techs could take a "more serious" look at it. Leaving it on and open meant that folks could add to it, which would just add to the difficulty of figuring out "what we really want." I'm hoping that's the case. BZT
Silversleeves

Postby Irregular.Fox on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Silversleeves wrote:The other possibility is that the Admin requested it be taken off so the techs could take a "more serious" look at it. Leaving it on and open meant that folks could add to it, which would just add to the difficulty of figuring out "what we really want." I'm hoping that's the case. BZT

I think that's wishful thinking. Like fish, I stopped reviewing the thread a while ago. I'm thinking it may have been removed because Admin knew no-one who was in a position to view the suggestions was still reading the thread, and all it was doing was giving users a false sense of their opinion mattering.

BTW I'm aware "mattering" is not a proper word.
Irregular.Fox
Site Admin

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 pm

I wouldn't have called you on it, I.F.

At any rate, it turns out it isn't gone, after all. It was demoted, though, to an ordinary thread and has been floating down-list with each thread posted after it was un-sticky'd. As I write this, it's in Help & Support about two topics from the very bottom of the first page. Two more anxious newbies, and it might as well be off for good. :|

BZT
Silversleeves

Return to Site Stuff