New Issue? Gallery Folder Errors - DONT USE SLASH OR SYMBOLS

Moderator: admin

New Issue? Gallery Folder Errors - DONT USE SLASH OR SYMBOLS

Postby Pr0n Glutton on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:18 am

I've encountered a new problem where trying to access 2nd, 3rd, etc pages of some of my gallery folders will prompt my browser (Firefox 3.6.16) with this message

Window/Tab Titie: Problem Loading Page

Error:
The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

This includes the Exclamation Mark Error Sign and a clickable button saying "Try again"

While I could be wrong, I don't think cookies have much to do with this The browser comes up with a URL that seems to repeat the name of the gallery folder with %20 a slash at the end of it. I saw that go on for at least 10-15 problems. I found that having a forward slash '/' in the gallery folder with two or more pages causes this issue. Trying to rename also brings up the error message, but not the crazy URL.

Work around: Don't use fowardslashes '/' In your gallery folder name. Make a new folder with out symbol characters and move the galleries there (TEDIOUS!) My assumption is that other certain special characters would cause this problem, kinda like how the site doesn't allow certain characters in file names (so we need a pop-up error message for that too). I have already fixed the folder on my page that caused this error, so I can't get it back to copy and paste here. I think because it's an invalid URL, Firefox didn't save it in my history either. If you can find a user with slashes in their gallery folder names with multiple pages, you can get the weird URL by clicking the page number or next on the bottom.

Edit: Because of this response error, not only can you not rename these gallery folders, you can't delete them either. If a Staff member can delete this folder, that would be great. I'll probably work on my other galleries later: http://www.imagefap.com/organizer/17071 ... ers%2FTvs#
Pr0n Glutton

Return to Site Stuff