Do not share your email

Looking for certain pics? Maybe one of our members can help you.

Moderator: admin

Do not share your email

Postby longhairfish on Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:18 pm

Hi everyone,

As you probably know, if you ever forget your password we have the option for you to send a password reset to your email. This has always worked fine. And it still is.

Once in a while we have some "shady" people who will try to exploit the password reset option. Starting today we have seen more password reset requests than usual. Which is why I am here right now.

If anyone on this site messages you either in the chat or private messages asking you for your email address, don't do it.

If you do, that is part 1 of 2 where someone will try to mess with your imagefap password. Knowing your email address would be step 1 in trying to get your password.

You should pay attention to any emails you get that look like this. It's from our automated system.

Dear user,

This email was sent automatically by ImageFap in response to your request to reset your password.
If you did not start this process notify the support department as soon as possible.

If you get an email like this and you didn't ask for a password reset, reply to the email. Make it simple. Just say "I did not do this". We know the rest of the story :)

So everything else is cool for now. No accounts are being hacked. We watch the site all the time. If there ever was such an attack (bad word?) or something like that we would let you know.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Do not share your email

Postby longhairfish on Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:34 pm

Update: Not much to say honestly. There is no obvious threat at the moment. We just have someone who appears to be in possession of an email list.

The strange thing is, the list seems to be quite old.

I had one guy who emailed me back after he got the password reset notice. And he claimed he hasn't been on the site (or logged in) since 2013.

So the password reset email you might get is only a warning that someone was trying to get into your account. Pretty much all website do this.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Image Requests