Too many requests. Retry in 1 hour?

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Re: Too many requests. Retry in 1 hour?

Postby jennasub on Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 pm

I'm sorry. I really went overboard this month. Didn't want to harm the site or anything but I noticed my downloads caused lots of traffic. :/
jennasub

Postby swgoldwing on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:29 pm

related to the site updates in this thread

Well, I finally got things working on my mobile device - mobile beta
It's actually very nice.
2 questions tho
- i did see the download link last nite, but now it doesn't appear. is it turned off or something else
- is there some way to see that i am logged in? providing my credentials seemed to work but i'm not sure i'm actually logged in

thanks
swgoldwing

Postby engmech89 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:31 pm

I am certain people have been downloading galleries or just mass downloading for years, why is this a problem now?

Like someone else mentioned unless this is heavily reverted this website is a good as dead.
engmech89

Postby longhairfish on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:32 pm

As of this minute we are still working on the site. Mostly beta and downloads. So you might see the option to download galleries missing.

If you try to log in again, then it would be impossible to log in again on the mobile site. That's about all I can think of.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:36 pm

engmech89 wrote:I am certain people have been downloading galleries or just mass downloading for years, why is this a problem now?

Like someone else mentioned unless this is heavily reverted this website is a good as dead.

Not entirely true. The people who want to download all day and not contribute anything to the site, they will not be missed.

You see, if people (intentionally or not) consume more of their fair share of the site, then they are the problem and will be dealt with in a fair manner.

The advent of so many programs, scripts and extensions allows more mass downloading than the site was designed for.

Of course we could dump more money into the site. But to appease all of the mass downloaders isn't going to happen.

So as it goes, the few bad apples ruin things for the average site browser and downloader.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby swgoldwing on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:47 pm

longhairfish wrote:As of this minute we are still working on the site. Mostly beta and downloads. So you might see the option to download galleries missing.

If you try to log in again, then it would be impossible to log in again on the mobile site. That's about all I can think of.

OK.. so color me confused.
I assume you're indicating the download link is currently off

As for logging in, I don't understand what you are indicating.
- if i try and log in on mobile site, provide credentials, and get no error on invalid id/pw, then the login was successful (?). is there any visual indication in the mobile site what the logged in id is?

I certainly don't want to be one of the 'bad apples'
swgoldwing

Postby engmech89 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:48 pm

I am trying to webgallery download, with less than 100 gallery page requests per min

100 requests per 1 min
200 requests per 5 min
1000 requests per 1 hour

Is this problematic due to new restrictions or site maintenance?
engmech89

Postby longhairfish on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:06 pm

So lets pretend you own the site. You let the offenders download all day and slow the site down for everyone else.

You cater to the offenders and dump more hardware and resources into the site. And knowing the bottom line will be more costs in bandwidth.

Next option would be to ban disable the offenders who download too much.

Or just stop all downloading all together. Then the site can be used as intended for the majority of the users.

Honestly there is no reason to download a gallery. If you have an account, you simply bookmark the gallery you like. Then visit again later. But what we are finding is the most people who download don't even have an account on the site. These are the problem users.

As of this moment (Friday early afternoon) gallery downloading is disabled for the beta site.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby shawman on Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:17 am

Why not these options:
- Download limits. I've seen some pay sites with this.
-Download option only after uploading a certain amount.
-Download after paying a certain fee.
-Download times. You log in and have a certain amount of time. After that time (maybe 30 minutes), you have to wait until the next day.

I do try to save favorite galleries, but if the person that originally posted deletes their account or if the gallery is removed for whatever reason, I don't get to see it again.
shawman

Postby onex00 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:18 am

The best would either be size limit/day (say, 100 MB/day) or let people mass download 1 pic at a time with or without pause between them.

shawman wrote:I do try to save favorite galleries, but if the person that originally posted deletes their account or if the gallery is removed for whatever reason, I don't get to see it again.

This is oh so very true.
onex00

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support