Too many requests. Retry in 1 hour?

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Re: Too many requests. Retry in 1 hour?

Postby xbuster1969 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Hello,

you could also - if you had problems with the downloads - reduce the download bandwidth a little. Then everything would work as usual, just a little bit slowed down ...

greetings from Germany
xbuster1969

Postby Derptarded on Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Anything over 3.6 seconds per request would keep you under the current limit. Easy as hell to exceed that just browsing if you use multiple tabs.
Derptarded

Postby shawman on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 pm

I'm unable to download any photo galleries, regardless of size of file or # of pics. The zip file will download, but would be only a few kB in size and each pic would only be 169 B in size.
shawman

Postby swgoldwing on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Well, I guess, nothing good ever lasts. The latest changes make even just browsing difficult to impossible. And any downloading out of the question.

I'm not sure what else is being considered to address performance, but even with the limits detailed above in place, the performance is not that good, so, it might lead me to believe the limits aren't helping (too much) to improve things.

The 2 thing which have been steps backward, in my opinion, has been these limits , and the change where downloaded images do not retain the original file names, but use the generated sequence number. There is no way to sort the downloaded file(s) in any way (by name, by date.. whatever) to view a collection of files in any sensible order to relate to the original collection of files in the gallery. I was forced to write a program to load the gallery, parse the html to get the file names (as named by sequence number) load the html for each individual image page, and pull the original filename from the page title, and rename the file(s) after downloaded.

It would be interesting to know the average number of files / gallery.. i'm guessing it is approaching 100. So, I'm flummoxed as to how I could modify my browsing / downloading behavior to not keep hitting the limits.

So, I too am sad.. I won't be able to use the site any more. Thanks while it lasted.
swgoldwing

Postby shawman on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 pm

I'm unable to download any galleries.
shawman

Postby longhairfish on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:10 am

Update : Downloading of galleries is being worked on. While its true most users will be able to download, the contents of the .zip are broken.

Retry in 1 hour messages. For now, Wednesday into Thursday, you should not see that message. This is a temporary thing though. We are limiting the people who don't contribute to the site very much or if at all and want to download all day and night. We are looking for a 'happy medium' where people can still download a reasonable amount of pictures or galleries. But not hinder the average person who is a speedy browser of galleries who do not download.

The 17th and 18th work will continue. Friday night we should have a finished product that meets the needs of all user and keeps the site from running slow.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 am

xbuster1969 wrote:Hello,

you could also - if you had problems with the downloads - reduce the download bandwidth a little. Then everything would work as usual, just a little bit slowed down ...

greetings from Germany

Yep. But people download different ways. Some will try to 'snag' an entire gallery one picture at a time. Or people on the mobile site will use the .zip option. We are investigating which type of downloading the people use and will modify their bandwidth. Or as I mentioned, the message of "Try again" will be shown. That isn't the greatest option and will be the last one considered.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby avluv on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 am

Again, I'm asking - what exactly is the problem with people downloading galleries? In simple English for dummies.
avluv

Postby longhairfish on Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:49 am

avluv wrote:Again, I'm asking - what exactly is the problem with people downloading galleries? In simple English for dummies.

1. Too many people downloading at once.
2. The actual .zip file might download, but it will be corrupted. The pictures will be incomplete.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 am

Update on the mobile site and downloading the entire gallery. This is fixed.

But don't be surprised that we slow the download rate. We are still crunching the numbers and see if people are abusing the site with downloads.
longhairfish
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support