Too many requests. Retry in 1 hour?

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Too many requests. Retry in 1 hour?

Postby HeatherFAP on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Today I started receiving this message after loading about 20 pages... is this new to the site? If so it will really impact the usefulness of the site to me.
HeatherFAP

Re: Too many requests. Retry in 1 hour?

Postby swgoldwing on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Same here. Got this after accessing a very small number of pages
swgoldwing

Postby longhairfish on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi everyone,

As you might have noticed in the past week we had some site slowness. This was (or still is) due to many people on the site mass downloading. Mostly on the mobile or beta site.

In order to make the site fair for everyone, especially the people who do not download entire galleries all day, we had to put in some restrictions on the way you browse or download.

For the moment the structure is like this. This is page views, not individual picture views.

100 requests per 1 min
200 requests per 5 min
1000 requests per 1 hour

So, you can open up 100 gallery pages per minute. This is fair and almost nobody could manually be clicking a mouse or a phone to simply browse the site.

For now, this is the way it will be. We are watching users actions and seeing what they are downloading automatically. Of course if the plan we have now does work, we will leave it as is. If mass downloading continues, we will make even further restrictions.

The idea is to make surfing the site easy and fast for everyone.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby HeatherFAP on Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:06 pm

longhairfish wrote:For the moment the structure is like this. This is page views, not individual picture views.

100 requests per 1 min
200 requests per 5 min
1000 requests per 1 hour

So, you can open up 100 gallery pages per minute. This is fair and almost nobody could manually be clicking a mouse or a phone to simply browse the site.

Mac user with Chrome... I generally Command-Click on each gallery within a category to open in a separate tab, and then Command-Click each picture to open in a new tab to see full-size. Is opening each in a new tab running up my "score"? I'm nowhere near 100 requests per minute and running into the limitation.

I am 100% manual... no automation whatsoever.
HeatherFAP

Postby shawman on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:43 pm

I am unable to download any galleries. Is this related to that issue?
shawman

Postby longhairfish on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 am

shawman wrote:I am unable to download any galleries. Is this related to that issue?

Not really, unless you hit the maximum amount of views I listed earlier.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 am

The max amount of connections (try later) might also show you a 429 error. Basically they are the same thing.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby xbuster1969 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 am

Hello,

I already get the error message when I want to download 2 galleries with about 100 images each with the "Bulk Image Downloader" on my Windows10 PC. Has that already been reached? If so, it makes me sad ...

greetings from Germany
xbuster1969

Postby mavericka1 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 am

Same here, I have used the site for a long while with no issues - I like it so much that I don't use any other site. Now I can't look at more than a dozen or so galleries without being locked out with retry in 1 hour. Sadly, it makes the site unusable. Did make me register to use the forum though!
mavericka1

Postby avluv on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 pm

What exactly is the problem with people downloading galleries?
avluv

Next

Return to Help & Support