Unable to Delete Images From Favorites

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Re: Unable to Delete Images From Favorites

Postby bonghits02 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:46 pm

this problem is still happening. frustrating when you're trying to organize pics.
bonghits02

Postby qwero on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Deleting images is still inconsistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, sometimes the images get deleted later ...
qwero

Postby qwero on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 am

A few hours ago, i cleaned up my favorites and deleted quite a few images. The deleted images are all here again! 1h wasted :evil:

I get the following confirmation messages when i delete somehting:
"Deleted: imagename.jpg"
or
"Favorite has been successfully deleted."

The images are not deleted though. I tried a different browser with empty cache, but the images are still there, so its not a cache problem of my browser.
qwero

Postby her_secrets on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:01 am

This thread started in 2014, yet the problem persists 4 years later. Can't someone figure this out? I am a very organized person and this is frustrating as heck.

Can someone please finally fix this? On behalf of thousands of members, thank you!
her_secrets

Postby longhairfish on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 pm

A few things. I can't personally replicate the problem even though I have changed many of my galleries.

Keep in mind that when you delete, organize or move pictures - the result is not instant. You need to wait for the site ti index itself. This usually takes 10 - 15 minutes.

From this topic it seems to me many people have different issues. So we can better understand the problem it would be best to give exact details here in the forum. Or if you want you can email us at support@imagefap.com .
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby her_secrets on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 am

Thank you for your reply longhairfish. :) I did not realize the indexing time aspect. When I do this again in the coming days, I will explain what I did step by step (if I have a problem again).
her_secrets

Postby MonsieurBome on Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:19 pm

I don't really think that "many people have different issues" at all, it's basically the same issue: someone tries to delete unwanted content from their favorites and despite a confirmation message it still keeps showing up. No matter how long you wait.

And by the end of 2020 the same problem still exists. :(

- M -
MonsieurBome

Postby longhairfish on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:24 am

I have a work around for this coming. This is to make your uncategorised thumbnail show. Tested it on my own profile.

https://www.imagefap.com/profile/longhairfish/galleries

1. You will have to move all of your uncategorised galleries to a new folder. My Fap - My Content - Add New Folder. Give the folder a name.

2. Then click the + next to uncategorised folder. Click the top box so all of your galleries are selected except for one gallery.

3. At the top right you see Bulk Actions. You will "Move To" the folder you just created.

Now you have just one gallery in uncategorised. Give the site about 30 minutes to index your profile. Maybe a little longer.

If by chance that does not work, delete the final gallery as mentioned in step 2. Again, wait a while for the site to organize your stuff.

Many users, including myself don't always sort their galleries in to folders. After a while the uncategorised gets so full and 'confused' with gallery deletions and additions it finally gives up.

Keeping your galleries sorted may solve this problem.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:29 am

MonsieurBome wrote:I don't really think that "many people have different issues" at all, it's basically the same issue: someone tries to delete unwanted content from their favorites and despite a confirmation message it still keeps showing up. No matter how long you wait.

And by the end of 2020 the same problem still exists. :(

- M -

Since 2013 when you first opened your account and started uploading, a total of 20 galleries were deleted from your account. If what I described in the previous post doesn't work for you I will have to re-delete your galleries again. After that you should be fine - I hope.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:34 am

So, uncategorised as I mentioned option works. Deleting favorites is what I will check next.

If someone wants to private message me from my profile, please do and give me the link to a picture you want removed from favorites so I can test it out.
longhairfish
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support